LegacyGT.com

splash guard removal help

Death

I got new wheels for my 99 legacy 30th anniversary limited SUS

they are 17's with tires that are ever so slightly too large, so they rub on the bolt for the mud flaps when turned to where the corner of the tire meets the bolt on the splash guard.

This is such a slight rubbing that I believe if I take the front splash guards off, this will completely solve the problem, or at least minimize the rubbing to almost never.

The only problem is that I cannot get the bolts off. They turn just fine, but they will not come out. I've tried prying with a flathead screwdriver as i've turned the screw. the only bolt that came out was the larger of the three, on the inside bottom of the mudflap. it came right out.

any help would be appreciated.. I'm just thinking there's a clip or something i'm not seeing.

when i was putting on mud flaps it took me forever to remove the stock mud flaps, i had to put the car on jack stands and remove all the tires, there is a nut behind the fender, it was almost impossible for me to get it out so i ended up cutting the stock mud flaps with a box cutter,

when i was putting on mud flaps it took me forever to remove the stock mud flaps, i had to put the car on jack stands and remove all the tires, there is a nut behind the fender, it was almost impossible for me to get it out so i ended up cutting the stock mud flaps with a box cutter,

It's such a bad feeling, ain't it? you go through all that trouble to try to do something right, then you just end up trashing it

Archived