Wheels in 18x8.5 +42, 5x100

Drift Motion

Will you be interested?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be interested?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coilovers with stiff spring rates and some initial spring preload and camber plates, rear camber arms, not lowered too much(1-1.5"), the right alignment and a good fender roll/pull.

;)

Running RCE Tarmac 1's with camber of -1 fr and factory rear using oem alignment equipment(no plates or arms). Running the RCE factory ride height which is about 1 & 3/4 fingers gap(forgive the laymans ride height), 18x8.5" +48 with a 245/40 on fenders barely rolled and i never scrubbed once.

I would say with the wheels offset being a bit lower, could you get away with not even needing coilovers(lower offset pushes wheel further away from inside of the car, and from what i understand part of the problem with running a bigger wheel on an lgt is the wheel contacting the oem struts)?

Anyways, this wheel, on a moderate drop, with a decent street alignment, and a 235 would be a beautiful street setup. Its exactly what im running except for 6mm in offset and it drives beautifully.

^exactly.

FWIW i run a 255/35/18 r-comp(runs wider than any street tire) on what amounts to a 18x8.5 +38 in the rear(+48 rim with a 10mm spacer) . it just barely sticks out past the rear fender. with a street tire and a +42 rim it would all fit under the fender assuming a good roll/pull and the right camber.

Full gunmetal?

Yup. Or full silver as was requested. Either would look great on our BSM OBXT.

So the ultimate question is will any of you buy these wheels for $600-$800?

I would definitely buy for $600.

Would paypal today for the right color set in 17" for the OBXT.

I'm in the process of getting some samples in matte black, stay tuned.

Matt black on the other hand out look great on my RBP LGT... Let me know when you have them in hand. I would be interested in popping by and seeing them.

not at this price range, simply because the wheels are bigger and wider

Stock wheels are designed with one size and offset in mind, thus materials are taken out of the wheels as much as possible, while aftermarket wheels needs to take into consideration of different offset which means adding weight

Archived