LegacyGT.com

2006 info is out

turbotaz

Gone are all the GT models and the GT Limited wagon with a manual!

From cars101(a great site):

"Major changes for the 2006 model year include:

gone models dropped are cloth model GT and the manual transmission 2.5i Limited and GT Limited wagon. You can still get a manual transmission GT sedan"

I never thought I'd own a one year variant. So if you want a cloth GT or any sort of GT wagon with a manual- buy a 1995 pronto.

I never thought I'd own a one year variant. So if you want a cloth GT or any sort of GT wagon with a manual- buy a 1995 pronto.

You mean 2005, right? :D

The changes aren't as drastic as I thought. Since I wouldn't have bought an Automatic just to get navigation even if it were an option in '05, I really don't feel left out. Nothing has changed enough to make me wish I had held out. Unless they made significant improvements on the paint quality then I am still happy with my car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

This better be a mis-print

"gone models dropped are cloth model GT and the manual transmission 2.5i Limited and GT Limited wagon. You can still get a manual transmission GT sedan "

If not, there go a lot of customers...

:spin:

WTF is Subaru thinking?

Why drop all of those options?

Can it really save them that much money?

Also looks like you can't get the black leather with a white exterior. I have a SUPER rare car now then....

Ehh the way I look at the whole thing is I am glad I got the car I wanted with significant discounts rather then waiting to hear what the 06's would have. NOTHING haha. The only other option I could have had in my 5EAT was the NAV which I want nothing to do with.

Total waste of $ other then a $2000 toy

Go go 05's hehe

If I am understanding the 2006 info correctly, you will not be able to buy a 2006 LegGT/Ltd wagon with MT????

If this is true, I think that it is a BIG deal and it is a negative indicator for the future of Legacy and Subie "sport wagons". You can still order an AWD, BMW325 or Audi A4 wagon with MT, but they are not as well done as my 05 LegGT/Ltd wagon with MT/Short shift and 250 HP.

Maybe this indicates that a any future Sti Legacy would be sedan only or maybe Subaru will offer a Sti LegWagon with MT? If I read the 06 summary correctly, it sure looks like Subaru is moving away from the performance wagon segment. Those of us that love small, performance, MT wagons must be a very small market niche, even for Subaru.

Really? I wanted leather, I think it is a completely different market car without leather. Acura TSX/TL would not be a competitor anymore. G35 and 350Z both have leather.

I guess to each his/her own. I love having the leather!

If this is true, I think that it is a BIG deal and it is a negative indicator for the future of Legacy and Subie "sport wagons". You can still order an AWD, BMW325 or Audi A4 wagon with MT, but they are not as well done as my 05 LegGT/Ltd wagon with MT/Short shift and 250 HP.

Actually, you cannot order a 2005.5 Audi A4 3.2 V6 with a manual transmission -- only the 2.0 turbo can be had with a manual.

The fact of the matter is that autos sell more than manuals... probably around 3:1, and when you start looking at wagons, the ratio might be higher (like 4 or 5:1).

A lot of people who don't drive manuals think that a "tiptronic" automatic transmission is "sporty" enough.

P.S. I drive a manual OBXT.

The WRX wagon is really a hatch back and is not in same category with Audi A4, BMW 325 iX.

Subaru marketing stated that they wanted to target/capture BMW3 and Audi A4 customer base and they did that with me. I had a MT BMW 325 ix wagon and an Audi A6 Quattro wagon and chose the LegGT/Ltd MT wagon for my newest car. If Subaru does not offer an upgraded LegGT MT wagon by 07, I will be back to BMW, assuming I can still order a MT BMW3or5, AWD wagon.

If Subaru is closing the door on the LegGT wagon MT market, they must not see a business justification for sport wagons. And yet, Subaru has not dropped the Barfa, I mean Baja. Some where in the world market, they must selling alot of Baja's. I would think the Euro and Asian market would be big on MT wagons and big on cloth 2.5i with MT?

No business justification for MT LegGT wagon, but a business justification for Baja? Go figure.

The WRX wagon is really a hatch back and is not in same category with Audi A4, BMW 325 iX.

Subaru marketing stated that they wanted to target/capture BMW3 and Audi A4 customer base and they did that with me. I had a MT BMW 325 ix wagon and an Audi A6 Quattro wagon and chose the LegGT/Ltd MT wagon for my newest car. If Subaru does not offer an upgraded LegGT MT wagon by 07, I will be back to BMW, assuming I can still order a MT BMW3or5, AWD wagon.

If Subaru is closing the door on the LegGT wagon MT market, they must not see a business justification for sport wagons. And yet, Subaru has not dropped the Barfa, I mean Baja. Some where in the world market, they must selling alot of Baja's. I would think the Euro and Asian market would be big on MT wagons and big on cloth 2.5i with MT?

No business justification for MT LegGT wagon, but a business justification for Baha? Go figure.

same preferences for me too, currently own a 325iT with a 5MT(wifes car). Legacy GT with a 5MT was a possible replacement for it or my wrx. Darn subaru. Looks like they are giving up on the performance wagon. Spec B looks like sedan only so I would guess if they offer a STi legacy it will be the same. Since so they dont offer a wrx STi wagon so not suprising.

I Guess we only have us to blame, not enough people buying the 5MT wagons to make a business case for SOA.

edit: you can get a MT in the new 3 and 5 series wagon. BMW is still being a bit stingy though, in the 3 still can only get the 2.5(3.0l now though) and in the 5 only the 3.0 with AWD, no rwd.

Same with regal blue. For that matter there is now only one exterior/interior combo per color. So much for 2006 "improvements".

WTF is Subaru thinking?

Why drop all of those options?

Can it really save them that much money?

Also looks like you can't get the black leather with a white exterior. I have a SUPER rare car now then....

Same with regal blue. For that matter there is now only one exterior/interior combo per color. So much for 2006 "improvements".

Exactly what I was thinking. I won't buy a car without black leather. Its just much easier to maintain for someone like me. If the changes they made were the only choices in 05 then I would have forked out the extra bucks and would be driving a 330xi right now. I'm glad I didn't have to do that. I may have bitches about some things, but I still don't have any buyer's remorse.

So how soon before we can start spreading '07 rumors? :lol: I hear its going to have an 8 cylinder twin turbo nitrous injected 600 HP AWD motor under the hood and have STi badging on it. :lol:

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

This is really sad news. I have the base OBXT with cloth interior and a manual. If I were buying a car this year I'm not sure that I'd fork over the extra $3000 for the OBXT in limited form. Maybe my car will have a high resale value in a few years because it'll be so rare.

I think that people in general are getting more lazy and not having to shift a car is just another thing to not have to do. On a side note - I always take the stairs when others take the escalator, and I usually beat them to the top - why the heck is everyone so lazy??? I feel so much more connected when I'm driving a manual car. I got to drive a BMW Z8 last year and it would have been completely different with a auto tranny. Oh well - there's my rant!

Archived