LegacyGT.com

CEL Flashed 3 times, nothing else happened..?

Riddle me this, forum gurus: What could cause the CEL to flash 3 times (maybe it was 4), then go out?

Driving at 30 mph in a straight line, 30 degrees out, level pavement. No cruise control flashes. No indication that anything was out of the ordinary besides the 3-4 flashes.

I'm hoping a code may have been stored. Currently waiting for my scan tool to be returned from a friend. Will update if I find anything else out. Search button function appears to be FUBAR'd since yesterday which isn't helping me much either.

Thanks.

Oh yeah - totally stock, 145k miles. Haven't done any work to it since an oil change 1.5 months ago. Fluid levels all normal. 5mt 05 lgt ltd.

In my experiences a flashing CEL is emissions or misfire related. This was on a GM vehicle though. Good chance it wont store codes if it is flashing.

I agree with this. any flashed CEL i have ever seen is a missfire. the code may or may not be stored

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

misfires.

the cel can come and go as it pleases, and then next startup no cel's.

you might find a stored code as p0000, which is pending misfire. this means a misfire has occured but not enough times to trigger a full-on CEL. spark plugs are *usually* the culprit. that would be my first replacement procedure.

Spark plugs or injectors or both that needs some care.

On a '05 I would say that it's time to have the injectors professionally inspected and cleaned to verify that they are good and provide a balanced feed between the cylinders.

453747.png

ehsnils: Are you basing that opinion on other people having had their injectors professionally cleaned as a result of the inspection, or more as a maintenance step? I'm not really a fan of paying other people to work on my car when it's something I could do myself.

bmx: What happened to your avatar?

Archived