LegacyGT.com

Hey All! '99 Legacy SUS

I am a total newbie on this site. Figured I would attempt to find another Legacy SUS owner out there. *fingers crossed* I bought this car a few weeks ago from my boyfriends cousin for $750. I have a ton of work that is going to go into this car and hopefully it turns out great. I am missing a fog light because of a raccoon incident. So, I am looking for a driver's side fog light. It has 217,000 miles on it and it runs beautifully. :-) Hoping to do an engine swap into it...

Sorry, only pics I have of it.

IMAG0292.thumb.jpg.5dc8e8d42b2a4675c6cc2617c715495d.jpg

Don't let the beautiful impreza get in the way.

I also need some help/tips on things that would look nice on this car. Mods..etc..

IMAG0221.thumb.jpg.e762aca3100d2b9957ccd451a824e558.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i own a SUS! :) i love her! she has 245,000 miles and runs like a champ!

a great mod i think is the hood scoop... its pretty boring! i have repainted mine to match my lower part of my body!

Steps:

1) remove noise dampener on the underside of hood (be careful, clips are very fragile. ise 2 flatgead screwdrivers to work them out!)

2) once removed you will see the scoop cover. if you want to put it back on be my guest but i have mine off right now and its fine. remove the bolts that are holding it in and get rid of that thing!

3) i think there are a total of 6 bolts you have to remove to get the scoop off. Warning!: it the bolts are rusted be very careful because the actual screw is mounted into the plastic and will easly turn in its hole and then you are SOL! if you can get all 6 well then Great!

4) once off i prefer 400 grit wetsanding to get the surface nice and ready, its user preference though!

5) once wetsanded i used 2 coats of primer and then a gunmetal gray to finish it!

6) after painting just reverse steps! (unless you dont want the divider back in, just set it aside if you want to put it back in.

Now you have a really nice looking hood scoop!

1906949274_mysus.thumb.jpg.28e67da5336f4c9a4965a66efc738df8.jpg

really the only main thing is that the sus model was made for offroad. it has the beefed up outback suspension that they shoved into a legacy. and the body kit is more ruggid and has giant fog lights! :) the SUS rocks!

also the SUS means sport utility sedan for thoes who dont know!

and post your pics for your SUS's! i wanna se them!

I love my SUS. I'm thinking once the engine goes to throw in a wrx motor, coming from my boyfriends wrx. But that won't be for awhile. I also changed out the fog lights to the outback ones. Next step getting my rims recoated but this time its going to be either a bbs gold or a neon purple, haven't decided. And I would change my hood scoop, but its not worth it. My hood is sun damaged and the color faded.

Here's a pic of my new headlights. :-)

IMAG0319.thumb.jpg.55e8c2e7677793470e5dc98f9ecc1a5f.jpg

IMAG0293.thumb.jpg.817f23a6eb652b53752f2d6ff417e030.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You got a good price on that car. A lot of them on Craigslist are going for $3000 to $4000, and that's with a load of miles on them. I picked up a 1 owner black 99 SUS with 45000 miles on it. Never smoked in and runs like a brand new car. Dealer ran a carfax for me, never been hit, all work since new done by Subaru. All I had to replace is power antenna mast. And there is a rust spot the size of a dime on rear wheel well. Lots of parts for that car on Craigslist. What I cant find for mine is side window deflectors, "rain guards", "ventvisors" , what ever you call them above the windows so you don't get dripped on. lol I know they made them for that year cause I have a old Subaru part number. Used JDM deflectors on Ebay, and you have to retape them, is crazy on their price. Shipping would pay my power bill for the month. My tires are like new but I know what you mean about the wheels. Mine got to go. Good luck with your new car. I had Subarus since the 80s and best advice I can give you if this is your first Subaru, keep an eye on that temperature gauge, always check the oil, keep it changed and clean, at a stop turn your radio down and listen for that cooling fan, if oil starts to get past your full mark on the stick and you did not add any, your head gaskets are telling you something, and it aint good news. :)

Archived