LegacyGT.com

Did I do good?

Death

I purchased this legacy

http://dayton.craigslist.org/ctd/2835838819.html

But before I bought it I told them that they needed to replace the head gaskets..

they tacked on $800 to the price of the car so basically I'm financing the repair. 800 is a good price for doing the head gaskets on a 2.5 right?

So, I'm nervous about my purchase, considering the engine's out of the car and I haven't even taken it home yet!

This is only my experience with the same dealer. It only serves as a warning.

I bought my Legacy from them in December. I sat in the showroom debating the purchase for about four hours. Eventually the sales manager offered me a decent price.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them again. They promised me the car was bone stock so I drove fom Columbus. I get there, and it's far from stock and missing crucial parts. I bought it for the right price, and have invested another 2k in making it right.

• 2 weeks later...
Dealer quoted me $2200 on my old 2002 Outback sport

Good deal on the head gaskets.

This is only my experience with the same dealer. It only serves as a warning.

I bought my Legacy from them in December. I sat in the showroom debating the purchase for about four hours. Eventually the sales manager offered me a decent price.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them again. They promised me the car was bone stock so I drove fom Columbus. I get there, and it's far from stock and missing crucial parts. I bought it for the right price, and have invested another 2k in making it right.

kinda makes me wonder if they really did what they said they did about the head gasket

Archived