LegacyGT.com

My free junk SS wagon!

I have a few options for dohc heads, right? I know EJ20Gs would work great. What else would you recommend?

S20's from an EJ205. It would give you the option of doing a wrx wiring merge and tuning power. This is the method I am going.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like 20g heads will be the easiest then. So I can hopefully just swap the ECU from the SS into my second gen. It was mentioned that if I use the up and down pipe from the SS that I will need to open source tune it. Is it still possible to open source tune it with the SS ECU?

Why is open source tuning so much easier with a wrx wiring merge and 205 heads?

The nice thing is that I don't have to decide on anything right now. The first step is getting that block out and inspecting it. I don't want to get too crazy with the HP since more HP is not always better if I don't know how to handle it.

But thanks for all the engine management suggestions. As of right now I think that EJ20g heads, a piggyback engine management would be something that I should look into. Of course if EJ205 heads with the complete intake mani, etc., presents themselves then I would go that way.

I might pull the suspension off the SS wagon as well. Was the stock suspension on an SS different than the non-turbos? Of course if the suspension has 150k, it might not be worth it, but might be useful to someone else.

It should since the Impreza is built off the 1st gen Legacy platform and the WRX is built on the 1st gen Impreza. Perhaps someone here has done it already, or you can find some P/N crosses on one of the other Subaru entusiasts' sites.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived