LegacyGT.com

Is it possible to go back to stock with original stock map?

fattymcgee

I'm at Stage 2 but was wondering if it's possible to go back to stock (if I sell it) without my original stock map. I sold my Accessport and when my tuner gave me my new tunes (91oct & e85) I was already at Stage 1 so my original tune is lost with the Accessport.

Are all stock maps the same as long as I find the same model? Can the dealer rewrite a stock map to the ECU?

Not all stock maps are the same, but they are similar and should be conservative. I doubt the dealer will help you with this.

You sold your AP without unmarrying it??

I was stage 1 with the AP for a year or two.

Went stage 2 in the fall, brought it to tuner who installed injectors and then proceeded to tune. Was having issues with the AP and it kept bombing out at 4K rpm so he was unable to tune with AP. He unmarried it and then proceed to tune my car on 91oct and then e85. He then email me those two maps. So when he unmarried the car I don't know what happened to the stock map and even if it was downloaded to his computer I doubt he still has it.

Unmarrying the AP takes you back to 100% whatever it was before the AP was installed.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

A dealer would probably charge you a lot for something that a tuner (or just anybody who owns a Tactrix cable or equivalent) could do in a couple minutes.

For a 2005 GT 5EAT, The ROM you want is A2WC521C. You might need to get an account a http://www.romraider.com to download it from that link.

Thank you sir, that was the answer I was looking for. I already have a cable and have changed between tunes before, I just don't have the stock map.

Archived