LegacyGT.com

Looking into buying a 4rth Gen.

Hey guys, I have had 4 first gen Legacies (I've had 3 first gen turbo's and a first gen NA) , so I know the "in's and out's" of them, but I am looking into buying a 4th gen which will be the newest car I've ever owned. I very seriously considering jumping up to the Spec B, just because of the rarity and the 6 Speed. (looking to find one for about 15k, most of the ones I see are 15-20k)

I just need to know what to look for such as common problems, what year is the "best" etc. I like the LOOK of the 05-07, but the 05 still had a 5MT correct? I appreciate any input and/or advice. Just not real sure on what to look for and any differences between the years. Thanks

Matt

Best advice stick to 07+ lgt's . They have a updated vf46, different oil to turbo setup, catless uppipe, nicer cluster (IMO), mp3/wma cd's and aux etc. Also only 07 + spec b's have the 6 speed.

oh ok. Damn when did they switch to the "newer look"? was it 08 that they changed a few things? From the pics I've been looking at the 08 has a newer look that I don't like as much as the 07. And Ericem you are on LegacyCentral as well aren't you? I've been on there for years.

08-09 is the 'newer' look. IIRC (I may be wrong about this) but 05-06 is essentially the same, whereas 07+ are slightly different in the fact that they have folding rear seats in addition to what ericem listed. 07 Spec.B has the black leather interior with blue alcantara inserts, while the 08-09 Spec.Bs have the black leather with black alcantara.

Since you like the look of the "older" 4th gen, I have to agree that the 07 is the best year for you to look into... it's got most of the goodies that the 08/09 Spec.Bs got while retaining the non-facelifted appearance.

Archived