LegacyGT.com

OB 08 Navigation 'Security' locked

Just changed from an 07 Defender to a 2008 Outback 2.0D, very pleased with my new purchase but it was missing the Aux-in kit.

I've installed the two wiring harnesses and the aux-in socket but in pulling plugs to get to the back of the head unit, I've disconnected the power so my Nav system now displays 'Security' across the screen and little else.

I didn't receive a security code for the radio with the paperwork and there's no details in the user manuals as to how to reset the radio after power interruption, surprising as I'm sure batteries will need to be changed at some point in it's life.

I'm sure the dealer will tell me how to re-enable when they're open tomorrow but wonder if anyone on the forum has already worked out how to do it?

many thanks,

OK, having checked with supplying dealer, apparently this is only resolvable by the Dealer plugging their computer into the car and re-enabling the radio.

Be aware that if you need to disconnect power to your Nav system (or, one assumes, if you have to change the battery, which would surely also remove power) then you will likely have to pay to have the radio re-enabled.

There appears to be no information about this in the user manual.

best regards

Radio finally re-enabled, £29 charge at local dealer, please note they do not update the software, process removes the Security banner only, so if you plan to fit your own aux kit, don't disconnect the power connector on the radio, the big one at the top.

However, it's worthwhile noting that by installing the aux kit myself, I learned that the harness provides a Video In cable, the aux port actually uses the Audio in L/R cables so the aux kit allowed me to connect an old DVB tuner I had kicking around the workshop and I now have Digital TV on the aux in, I use an RCA to 3.5mm jack to pass the audio and just swap the cable when I want to use my MP3 player - highly recommended!

regards

Archived