LegacyGT.com

2012 Legacy GT w/nav

dorqus

So a dealer near me (Bill Kolb Subaru in Orangeburg, NY) has a 2012 Legacy GT in Graphite with Navigation. MSRP on it is $34,380, and they are selling it for $32995. This is a big financial stretch for me (I would have preferred one without the $2000 GPS) but maybe if they will let me have it for less it might be worth it. Seems that new LGT's are hard to come by, and could take 6 weeks (or more) depending on which dealer you talk to to order one. Graphite is my color of choice however. Thoughts? Thanks...

Thanks. I'm now kind of leaning towards a WRX Premium, but I'm going to test drive the LGT anyways (I test drove a 2010 LGT, I don't think this will be much different if at all) I've not driven a WRX though, I have the feeling it will handle better, but be louder and a have a slightly stiffer ride however.

OK so I test drove the '12 Legacy GT this morning, out the door it will cost me $35857.17, which is the car, plus my local sales tax (8.375%) and a $75 documentation fee. I also test drove a 2011 WRX Limited. (which was not in a color I cared for) just to compare. I liked the WRX more than the Legacy GT, while it was not as comfortable, I felt i had a better handle on the car then in the LGT. Their price, out the door, for a 2012 WRX Premium (five door) is $30542.46, which includes my sales tax - $28113 for the car, $75 doc fee, and $2354.46 sales tax. Does anyone know if the all-weather package can be added on to the base WRX (I know this is not a WRX forum, just wondering)

OK so I test drove the '12 Legacy GT this morning, out the door it will cost me $35857.17, which is the car, plus my local sales tax (8.375%) and a $75 documentation fee. I also test drove a 2011 WRX Limited. (which was not in a color I cared for) just to compare. I liked the WRX more than the Legacy GT, while it was not as comfortable, I felt i had a better handle on the car then in the LGT. Their price, out the door, for a 2012 WRX Premium (five door) is $30542.46, which includes my sales tax - $28113 for the car, $75 doc fee, and $2354.46 sales tax. Does anyone know if the all-weather package can be added on to the base WRX (I know this is not a WRX forum, just wondering)

I don't think you can add the AWP to a base Rex. You'd need a new windshield and seats.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

That seems very expensive for a GT with Nav. I paid 30,300 for mine with nav. Although I think my price was a mistake. I know you may be stuck with Bill Kolb bc of availability, but I have heard very bad reviews about them. Give Liberty Subaru in emerson a call (speak to Clayton) or go to Ramsey Subaru (I know Magic had a good experience with them).

Whichever vehicle you choose, I recommend not buying from Bill Kolb.

That seems very expensive for a GT with Nav. I paid 30,300 for mine with nav. Although I think my price was a mistake. I know you may be stuck with Bill Kolb bc of availability, but I have heard very bad reviews about them. Give Liberty Subaru in emerson a call (speak to Clayton) or go to Ramsey Subaru (I know Magic had a good experience with them).

Nope on Ramsey... We've bought three Subarus from Wayne Subaru. Ask for Chris and tell him Jeff sent you.

STAY AWAY from Ramsey............I can only speak to my personal experience with them which was LOUSY!!!!!!:mad:

OK so I had a call from Clay @ Liberty Subaru, and left him a message to call me back (which he hasn't as of 12:45 today) I did speak to Chris @ Ramsey, but will stay away from them.

At this point I am just ordering a 2012 WRX Premium Hatch, and since no one has them in stock, it's a matter of who to order it from, and who can I do most of my business with over the phone (without having to come in) and who can give me the best price, out the door, on the WRX. Right now Ramsey is about $100 more than Bill Kolb.

edit: Spoke to Clayton @ Liberty, no-nonsense, said he would honor the truecar.com price, plus sales tax, plus their documentation fee.

My "out the door" price from them would be $30574.68. From Ramsey - $30678.68 (They have a $299 documentation fee)

From Bill Kolb it was around $30500, I don't have the paperwork in front of me. None of these prices include the NY DMV/registration fees, which are probably around $150-200. Clayton said "12 weeks easy" for a wait time :(

I've been to Bill Kolb three times and driven five cars, and not once have they tried to pressure me into buying anything, which is more than I can say about other dealers that I've been to.

I'll give Chris @ Wayne Subaru a ring - thanks Magic Marker.

OK so I had a call from Clay @ Liberty Subaru, and left him a message to call me back (which he hasn't as of 12:45 today) I did speak to Chris @ Ramsey, but will stay away from them.

At this point I am just ordering a 2012 WRX Premium Hatch, and since no one has them in stock, it's a matter of who to order it from, and who can I do most of my business with over the phone (without having to come in) and who can give me the best price, out the door, on the WRX. Right now Ramsey is about $100 more than Bill Kolb.

I've been to Bill Kolb three times and driven five cars, and not once have they tried to pressure me into buying anything, which is more than I can say about other dealers that I've been to.

I'll give Chris @ Wayne Subaru a ring - thanks Magic Marker.

Yeah Chris over at Wayne is a good guy.. He won't d*ck you around.

I'm pretty positive, no matter what dealer you get it from, the wait will be identical. So yes, go for the best price you can find. I literally called every dealer around, getting a lower and lower price for the car. When it came down to it, one dealer was able to give me 500 under invoice. I called the next dealer and said I could get 500 under and that they would also replace the summer tires with all-seasons. They called back with 1000 under invoice saying they didn't know how/hadn't heard of any dealer replacing tires. I called one final dealer and they later called back with 1100 under invoice and invoice on all accessories w/no installation fee. Not sure if it could have gone lower, but even if it could I was very happy with getting almost 4k off msrp

Wow ziptiecloud - that's a great story!!! congrats on a super-sweet deal! And yes, the wait is the same regardless of where I get it from. So if I can find a good deal, even if I have to drive 150 miles once to pick it up (and can do everything else over the phone/email/fax) then it's all the better for me.

On a side note, anyone ever deal with Georgetown Subaru in Norwalk? Eddie from there is trying to get me a price, he claims that the truecar.com one is a "suggested" one.... liar. I told him flat out - I don't care who I buy it from, make it worth my while, and the sale is yours. They also have a $297 documentation fee.

Agree with what ziptie said, I tried the same thing when I purchased mine. If you speak to Clayton again, mention Shri sent him to you and hopefully he can help you out a bit more. He usually never BS's with prices. He's honest about the wait time, I waited 23 weeks for my car, he knows all too well.

But agree with others, whoever gives you the best price go with them. One plus about Liberty is the loaner program for when you do repairs. I'm not sure if all the dealers you look at offer it, but it's a nice to have.

Good luck!

Thanks Shribob. I will give Clayton a call a little later today, see if he can do anything else for me on the price. Realistically I won't take my car to any of these dealers as they are too far away from me. If I have to take it to the dealer, it will go to Rye Ford Subaru, as they are 10 minutes from my house.

So to wrap this up, I am getting a 2012 WRX Limited from Clayton @ Liberty Subaru, order was put in last week, now the wait begins. I had a really good quote from Schaller Subaru in Berlin, CT, and he basically beat it (the out the door price) by about $100. He was easy to deal with, I handled everything over the phone/fax/email. Also Liberty Subaru is a lot closer to me than Schaller Subaru, so picking up the car will be that much easier.

Archived