LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket blower motor?

jcdennis

Hello all.

I've already replaced the blower motor in my 2005 gt when it had 80 000 km, and it's making noise again now with 140 000 km on the car. To me 60 000 km of driving shouldn't see a blower motor fail....

That being said I'm wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket unit that might be a little more... robust.

It's hardly the most expensive of parts, but it is sort of a pain to get to, and I'd rather not have to jam myself in there every two years.... :spin:

is it particularly dirty where you are? If so and you don't have a cabin air filter (you probably don't), that could be contributing to the premature demise of your blower motor.

In the winter we certainly see more than our fair share of road salt and the associated dust....

I might have to investigate the cabin air filter, as I 100% don't have one. For some reason I'd always thought that was more for the folks in the car, rather than the car itself, although I can certainly see where it'd help the blower motor to have one.

Thanks!

It should help somewhat... have you seen some of the pictures of what gets sucked in in the cabin air filter thread? That stuff would normally get ground up into dust and other crap by the motor, whereas if you have the filter it stops it. Plus it's healthier for you too. :)

Archived