LegacyGT.com

spark plug gap

hey guys, i have only had my lgt for about a month now. i had pulled the plugs cause i was gonna change them but oriellys did have the same plug or one that was comprable to it. and the plugs i pulled didnt look that bad so i put them back in, but i might have accidently gapped them to far, cause when i took them off i just thru them into my tool bag. so my question is do yall know what the gap distance is supposed to be?

i was wanting to throw the ngk silfr6a plugs back in it? is that the best one to use? i wasnt sure so i was just gonna put back in what i took out.

p.s. the reason i was checking was cause i have been babying the car, and i decided to "get on it" today, and it hesitates a in all gears at low rpm's but once it gets up to about 4 itll take off.?

my buddy was saying his supra and wrx did the same thing and it was the plug gap..... ? thanks guys.

SILFR6A is all I recomend. What brand and part number did you get? All NGK plugs with a "-11" suffix denotes a wide gap plug. Those are not the correct plugs, NA engines only.

SILFR6A's are pregapped at .032". Do not try and gap unless visual inspection reveals a closed gap.

Archived