LegacyGT.com

What are these wires for?

I noticed these while trying to track down another problem...

When you hook the two green connectors (That are located next to the steering column) back up the check engine light flashes and if you put a fuse into the fuse holder the lights flash like an alarm going off you will also notice a black button right above the fuse holders I am guessing the fuse holders and button is for a factory alarm? But there is also a broken wire that i have no idea where it goes looks like trailer wiring to me tho...... Maybe someone has some ideas?

013112135811.thumb.jpg.c2a79565c22babc97de833ba9585204e.jpg

013112135826.thumb.jpg.befc0821115322d4803b4b8867005379.jpg

013112135723.thumb.jpg.8f57f09811c9c5f348736322dba935ed.jpg

Okay i understand for the first two you said but the wire you say is the alarm antenna than why would the end of it be broke like it was pulled out a connector (Bare wires showing at the end)... It just confuses me alittle on why it would be like that.

My mistake yes it does its the same harness as the fuse holders but the broken wire is not white its i guess peach in color but faded the thicker wire next to it is white..... the thick white one goes up the dash while the other two wires (Orange and Black'Wwhite line) splice into other wires and the Peach one looks like it was ripped from what ever wire it was spliced from.... There was no FOB's with the car just the submaster key... and there is no security light on the dash like it shows in the owners book... I need to get a FSM for this car....

Archived