LegacyGT.com

How to: CNT FMIC Install

They work. Do not fit as well or work as well as the original (TurboXS). Quality is lower (obvious by seeing them side by side).

Thanks mike. I'm not aiming for huge power goals. But enough. I'll probably be happy with 300-320hp. Their core looks pretty good to.

But you know what they say. you can never have enough power to satisfy yourself.

Any tuning result info.

I'm planing on purchasing this kit as well.

Would like to buy it before the special is over with.

I am on my 1st revision of the tune and I believe it's still too early to judge performance yet because my tune is still not dialed in and making full boost. I will update again when my tune gets refined some more.

Here is a good link with intercooler core information from Bell Intercooler. This link may help people decide what is important when choosing an intercooler system.

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/pages/techFAQ.html#FAQ_1

• 4 weeks later...
Any update with your tune?

Just purchased this kit from ERZ. Will have my tuner retune it once I have it on.

What type of intake did you use?

I am using a Cobb intake without the cold air box. The Cobb cold air box will not fit with most FMICs. Like any short ram, the intake air temp gets pretty warm when the car is not moving, so my recommendation would be the KS Tech which has a heat shield. They have a version available for FMICs and the intake is not so low in the fender that water ingestion would be a problem. There are several threads with good reviews of the KS Tech but I have not used it myself.

I am on my second tune revision and so far so good. I am about to flash my 3rd tune revision. My initial impression is that I should have went with an EBCS to help with making higher boost with lower WGDC's but keep in mind that my tune is not complete.

I'll update when my tune is complete.

• 2 years later...

Archived