LegacyGT.com

Hellas stopped working.

RedDawg

Last weekend my Hella Supertones stopped working. I pulled them off today, noticed the switch i got from Subimods was pretty well corroded, i guess i didnt wrap it with enough electrical tape.

So i went and bought a new switch from Pepboys, rewired it up, and they still don't work, all i hear is the 1 remaining oem horn that's plugged in. I have it wired up like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/23h66he.jpg

that's how they were wired up when they did work, i tried switching the pins around, still nothing. I can hear the switch "activate" when i plug the 15A fuse (i mislabeled it as 16A on the pic) into the inline fuse case, but the horns still dont work.

anyone have any ideas?

still couldnt get them to work after fiddling with it for a few hours sunday so i pulled the entire wiring harness out of the car and plugged back in the oem horns.

I should be able to "test" the hellas by directly wiring them to the battery right? If so, then i think the horns themselves might be shot because i ran the 16A fused wire, and a ground wire, directly off the horns and touched them to the corresponding battery terminals, and nothing, no sound.

Correct if you put the horns straight to the battery they should work. My first set of hella stopped working on me. But for some reason they worked again so I now have 4 hella's on my car.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Check the fuse for the stock horns. I had the same issue. Turns out I popped that somehow.

i replugged in the oem ones and they work fine. so its either something got burned out inside the wiring harness, or the hellas themselves are fried. prob have to wait until the weekend to have time to toy around with them again.

Archived