LegacyGT.com

Home improvement photos

CapnJack

motherfucker. my wife texted me yesterday that there was a stain on our den ceiling. Bathroom is right above, ****.

I look closely, and all the shower tile grouting is slightly cracked. Some of the tiles are ever so slightly pulling away. I opened the tub to see water everywhere.. seeped through to the bedroom on the other side (just put up sheetrock so there is no basemolding) and see the water penetrating through. Mold is starting to form everywhere.

This should be fun.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double check the bleach thing.

When you remove the drywall, you're likely going to remove most surfaces that have visible mold. Clean adjacent materials with a mildewcide. Watch the order in which you use the fan, as you may blow around mold spores. Servpro or one of those guys can likely help for a small cost and free assessment.

When in doubt consult an expert. Btw - I'm not a mitigation expert :)

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/CodeRed13/car/856BE8D5-F74C-4481-B847-5C357481FD7F_zpsgaupawxn.jpg

Pic from the new crib. I'll load a few more later. The wife and I moved from downtown Pittsburgh back to the town where I grew up. We are loving it. Peace and quiet. Lots of wildlife. No neighbors.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Hope you bought yourself a plow truck for that driveway...

Lol. I built a drag-plow for behind the Jeep GC. Polaris Ranger 900 or Can-am Defender is on my short-list.

I dealt with water damage and a mold problem after I bought my house... what a disaster the basement was. I ended up calling someone after I realized the true extent of it because I was WAY over my head. In short, bleach does not effectively kill mold on porous surfaces as the mold has root-like structures that grow deeper than the bleach will penetrate, at least on the clay block walls I have (same story for wood and cinder block, according to the company I used). My basement never once smelled of bleach... it had that sterile hospital smell to it while they had the air filters running. I think they used some kind of hydrogen peroxide based agent or had some kind of milldewcide or something... definitely no bleach because they told us not to worry about pets while they were working.

$2800, 3 days, and a 30 yard dumpster later, you could eat, have surgery, whatever in my basement. It was CLEAN.

Looks great, I see a zero turn mower and an ATV w/plow in your future.:rolleyes:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/CodeRed13/car/514C7ED9-0EBF-4D08-A26E-F7851784EDBA_zps7bx0khkg.jpg

That's my built short-block or 6spd/r180 swap sitting next to the LGT :(. That mower is a f'in beast though. 28hp Kawasaki engine. 60" cut @ 10mph (terrain permitting! I need a kidney-belt and a helmet!!!!) It takes 3hours to mow/trim everything on the property but if I skip the lower part of the yard it's only about an hour.

I would gladly take the property AND the 3 hour mow time. Have you looked into goats?

i love goats. Especially goats that have been raised on a bottle. I always had one when I was growing up. The problem now, is that I travel about 6 months/year for work and my wife has very little interest in caring for a small herd of goats.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/CodeRed13/car/514C7ED9-0EBF-4D08-A26E-F7851784EDBA_zps7bx0khkg.jpg

That's my built short-block or 6spd/r180 swap sitting next to the LGT :(. That mower is a f'in beast though. 28hp Kawasaki engine. 60" cut @ 10mph (terrain permitting! I need a kidney-belt and a helmet!!!!) It takes 3hours to mow/trim everything on the property but if I skip the lower part of the yard it's only about an hour.

With that lawn you can have a few sheep grazing instead.

453747.png

Pic from the new crib. I'll load a few more later. The wife and I moved from downtown Pittsburgh back to the town where I grew up. We are loving it. Peace and quiet. Lots of wildlife. No neighbors.

So uh, what do you do with that massive yard, besides mow it and look at it?

Planning hosting a music festival there or something?

Figured I'd give an update. Took a couple of photos of the damage. These are the only photos that actually shows something (my phone camera sucks). One is on the other side of the shower wall (bedroom shares a wall) and the other is under the tub (after it dried out for 12 hours). Looks like the water is getting behind the tile, traveling down the backerboard, and dripping on the flooring below the tub. It pools along the bottom frame of the wall separating the bathroom and bedroom, and is making its under the frame to the other side.

I caulked the shit out of the shower tile as a bandaid so we can still use the shower. Gotta figure out what to do next.

http://i.imgur.com/QroulVj.jpg

iQ9pDVx.jpg

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

So uh, what do you do with that massive yard, besides mow it and look at it?

Planning hosting a music festival there or something?

lol Not sure yet. It came with the house. I may put in a pond or plant trees on the bottom few acres.

Nemo - you're likely gonna have to rip out all that. I would honestly notify your home insurer. They would then dispatch a mitigation company to assess. You could have moisture issues in the flooring, underlayment, etc. They can assess with infrared, moisture meters, etc.

If you're gutting a shower surround, flooring, and a couple adjacent walls in other rooms, you could hit 10k quickly (inclusive of mitigation).

At least have the mitigation company do a free assessment.