LegacyGT.com

Home improvement photos

CapnJack

If we have the dryer running and the central AC kicks on, any light in the house dims, my computer speakers click, etc. 200a is probably not needed (nor will it fix that issue) but 150a service doesn't exist and moar is better, right? :lol:

Hmmm.. maybe some draw somewhere else. Start up amperage is also a lot different than continuous draw.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. maybe some draw somewhere else. Start up amperage is also a lot different than continuous draw.

Yes startup or Locked Rotor Amps is typically 3 to 8 times continuous operating current. So a 60 or 100 amp service is easily overwhelmed (briefly) with the start of a motor in addition to the existing load.

I forgot to install the drain on a shower I was putting in one of the rentals. Unfortunately the floor was very thick about 2 1/2" . So the nut was pretty well recessed.

So using a oil filter wrench I mixed tech automotive and plumbing:

25108882384_83f1c229f9_z.jpg

25438572050_e12aba1078_z.jpg

• I Donated
Are you running a 30A dryer and have the same size condenser as him?

To alleviate the problem you can try to switch up the phases that the circuits are on.

30A dryer, 30A water heater, 40A condenser, 40A wall oven, and a bunch of smaller loads. Only thing that makes lights dim is running a miter saw on the same 15A circuit... as some lights.[emoji38]

400V 3-phase with 5-wire (3 phases+Neutral+Ground) FTW!

And that's standard for almost all residential built here since the 80's.

220 to 240 is for simple things like lamps.

And at home I run a combined stove+oven at 16A...

Is your range 220V or 400V?

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a framing nailer they're sick of tripping over and want to sell cheap? Pneumatic... preferably Bostitch or Hitachi although the pneumatic Paslode ones look nice. Just looking for something non Harbor Freight so it's one less tool I have to borrow from my neighbor.

Yes, I have a Bostitch/DeWalt/Stanley chub.

I don't, but I would recommend the paslode if you can pick one up cheap. I got mine on craigslist from a homeowner that framed a small garage, and that was it. For about $125 I think. That was a few years back, but they were still $400 new!

The battery charge and gas cartridges last a long time.

My two cents :)

• I Donated
Olive like would look nice.

New wood? Or refinished?

New. Don't remember if I mentioned this before, but it's Brazilian cherry. Lumber Liquidators had treads on clearance for $40 per tread. Normally, Brazilian cherry would be $100+ per tread.

Pick something warm in the browns, like Behr Harvest Brown. My ex wife and I picked it for our entire living/dining/hallway and it was very nice with bright white trim and hardwood floors. It looks dark, but it isn't at all, and lots of other colorswork with it.

In fact in this link there is a pic of a staircase with wood treads and white trim.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/501166264758856076/

Pick something warm in the browns, like Behr Harvest Brown. My ex wife and I picked it for our entire living/dining/hallway and it was very nice with bright white trim and hardwood floors. It looks dark, but it isn't at all, and lots of other colorswork with it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/501166264758856076/

The one time I used Behr paint, it was garbage. The rest of my house is painted with Valspar.

However, the color we picked for the Behr paint, Mississippi Mud, looks fantastic with bright white trim and hardwood. We used it in a hallway and our entry foyer area. It's close to a milk chocolate color.

I have had great luck with Behr for interior painting. Maybe it has something to do with low humidity environments.

This is the only picture of the brown I have... this brown took 3 coats to cover up satin white. Yes, my living room is bright green and yes, I did it. I think it works with the white trim, black and grey furniture, and the hardwood.

12143301_1198007603548762_4173820020791627421_n.jpg?oh=a59493f05efcb1fe7a44c57af28b7a62&oe=57A6C581

• I Donated

We like Sherwin Williams. Luckily they can match colors from Behr or Valspar if we want to.

My father-in-law, who used to work for Pulte, says that Behr is the most popular paint in the U.S. because it's the cheapest, and just like with anything else, you get what you pay for.

baconbits, I think that brown looks awesome, but I'm not sure my wife will go for it.

We like Sherwin Williams. Luckily they can match colors from Behr or Valspar if we want to.

My father-in-law, who used to work for Pulte, says that Behr is the most popular paint in the U.S. because it's the cheapest, and just like with anything else, you get what you pay for.

baconbits, I think that brown looks awesome, but I'm not sure my wife will go for it.

I have a Sherwin within walking distance of my house... the $80/gal steers me away. :lol:

I really need to hit up my cousin for the "friends and family" discount considering he works at their corporate offices here in Cleveland.

If you use the Behr base with high solids, it usually covers up just about any color on the first coat. In my last house, we used a light mocha for almost the entire house and it covered up rust orange in the bathroom and dark red in the bedroom in one coat. The only part I had to do second coat on was the black chalkboard paint in the kitchen.