LegacyGT.com

Home improvement photos

CapnJack

There's also overflow alarms on the saniflo, and you can clearly here it's performance even through a wall (which is good, so you can keep an eye/ear on things)

Thanks for that great feedback. I am not going to have a lot of headroom, and I know a concrete cutter... so I might just bury a grinder pump/crock setup. I think it might be quieter in the floor as well, and with the large volume of the crock it will not pump that often.

Your bathroom turned out really nice.

Its a long term project, just trying to plan ahead and budget.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind if you go too bright, they will be pretty painful to look at most of the time...

Well these are nice warm 2950k color temp with the LED diffuser doesn't hurt the eyes when looking at it. I had one in my small bathroom and they looks good, although I did upgrade all my lights in the house to 5000k daylight CFL, but then takes a while to warm up. This LED from Lowe instant bright perfect color and warm for the eyes, great for bedroom.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• I Donated
FFFFFUUUUUU

Woke up at 6 this morning to a burning rubber smell and the house 10 degrees colder than set point. Blower motor on the furnace appears to have taken a dump.

Fan won't turn on during heat cycle after burners fire. Fan won't turn on with heat off and fan set to circulate but will hum. Cage spins freely from what I can tell (doesn't hang up or drag anywhere). Son of a...

Got that T-shirt last winter. :lol: I had to order the blower motor online, so I had the fun task of keeping the old motor semi-operational until it arrived. I had some blue high-temp automotive grease sitting in my garage, so I took that downstairs, took the cage out, took the motor apart, and greased everything liberally. Rinse and repeat every time I got the humming and burnt rubber smell. I got really good at taking that cage out. :lol:

What furnace?

Got that T-shirt last winter. :lol: I had to order the blower motor online, so I had the fun task of keeping the old motor semi-operational until it arrived. I had some blue high-temp automotive grease sitting in my garage, so I took that downstairs, took the cage out, took the motor apart, and greased everything liberally. Rinse and repeat every time I got the humming and burnt rubber smell. I got really good at taking that cage out. :lol:

What furnace?

Just some generic one... Goodman I think. Had a GE motor in it which I replaced with another GE from the local HVAC supply store. Motor seems quieter and moves a bit more air which is a win-win situation. Motor and new run capacitor ran me $114 with tax so not bad at all. Sunday emergency service call would've been $100-125 an hour plus parts... forget that. I'll sleep in a 55 degree house for a night to save a couple hundred bucks.

Had only one hang up... I flipped the spade connections around in two spots. Get everything installed, buttoned up, flip the switch to turn the furnace on. The exhaust blower for the burners would run 24/7 as long as the switch was on and the thermostat wasn't getting power. Hmm... flip two black wires around, PRAISE JEEBUS I HAVE HEAT.

House got down to 52 degrees this morning but we're back up to 68-70 right now. I'm letting it run for a couple heat cycles to make sure everything's A+ and then I'm going to work.

Where do i find cheaper, bright 4" LED Recessed light? Lowes seem to has the brightest 665lm but $55/ea, Home Depot $47 but only 550lm, Costco and Sams only has the retrofit kit only 500lm.

At Home Depot you can get the CREE 4" recessed LEDs for $20/ea. I have 6 of the 6" variety in my kitchen and they work great with a dimmer. No buzzing, no more heat pouring out of them, and great color at all but the lowest dim settings

At Home Depot you can get the CREE 4" recessed LEDs for $20/ea. I have 6 of the 6" variety in my kitchen and they work great with a dimmer. No buzzing, no more heat pouring out of them, and great color at all but the lowest dim settings

Which one? Send me the links.

Did some staining...

uploadfromtaptalk1428205746420.thumb.jpg.ccea29500d3f36f704162568714bd40f.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428205758843.thumb.jpg.8f1d7ef9b1543404c8f6475bd64ec483.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428205769614.thumb.jpg.ec55590016e76596b352e3b2ea6b2b3e.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428205787651.thumb.jpg.5c53c9bd80a2ed7c1de50e77559fc1dd.jpg

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

My inwall entertainment cabinet. 7outlets, two data line, 1 cable line. Four opening with closing door storage in garage side with outlets which i can setup some audio equipment there as well.

uploadfromtaptalk1428205902348.thumb.jpg.0b33f45e099775d3fe1211cfa6bfbee8.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428206041236.thumb.jpg.81b4160ff84708ebb890ff57d2a0a68a.jpg

Edited by im2c0ol

This is before. I have PA system so i need more room in my living room for the sound. It will sound better in the cabinet.

65" TV

12" EV PA

12" EV ZXA sub.

Allen Health Zed-10FX mixer

PS4

PC/Karaoke

uploadfromtaptalk1428206322070.thumb.jpg.da19616c4d268e3e650598c4c4717cf6.jpg

Edited by im2c0ol

Do you plan on just Putting the TV in the cubby?

Probably the most seamless approach. Then you can just plug it in and run a decent hdmi to your receiver or whatever you got going on there lol

Then you can use the receiver as the media hub

• I Donated
I added some storage space in our attic. The space was full of blown-in fiberglass, and nothing else. The ceiling of the garage was uninsulated, so I put in some R-19 bats and put plywood over some of them. Planning on adding more plywood and some shelving in the future. The extra storage space is nice.

• I Donated
For the basement, the heavy-duty plastic shelves and heavy-duty chrome-wire shelves from Wal-Mart, Costco, HD, etc. are hard to beat. The plastic ones are like $30 a unit but not adjustable. The metal ones are $90-100 a unit, but 4 feet long and reconfigurable for different sized items. We have 3 of the wire ones and like 6 of the plastic ones in our basement.

It's pink and from the 1980s. Pretty sure it's fiberglass.

Blown In fiberglass.... Worst of both worlds lol

I'm sure it works well though.

I did blown in cellulose at our house and my mom's. What a pain in the ass.