LegacyGT.com

Which tire should I buy?

Pocono Legacy GT

I am currently running Bridgestone Potenza RE-960's, 215/45/17's on my LGT. I am interested in beefier tires not only to fill up my wheel-well gap, but also because the roads in my area have deep pot-holes and bumps. Would I be able to run a 225/45/17 tire on my stock rim and suspension? Plus, what brand would be the best choice?

Many people run 225/45-17s on stock wheels. If you want all seasons, the Kumho Escta 4x is a great choice for around 100 per tire. The DWS is good as well, but it runs like 20-30 more per tire. Go on Tire Rack, read some reviews, do some comparison. After you know what you want, shop around. Discount Tire Direct will beat Tire Rack price, at least in my case.

Thanks guys! Those Kumho's look pretty nice, I like the Ecsta AST's :) I also enjoy my Bridgestone RE-960's but they are discontinued and run about 210.00 a tire! I am not necessarily on a budget, but who wants to pay 800.00 for a set of tires?! So, the cheaper the better and the best overall tire for salt/gravel/mud/rain/snow/and put-holes lol. I know the Legacy isn't a off-road vehicle, but I would like it some what rally. Thanks again for your suggestions.

I am currently running Bridgestone Potenza RE-960's, 215/45/17's on my LGT. I am interested in beefier tires not only to fill up my wheel-well gap, but also because the roads in my area have deep pot-holes and bumps. Would I be able to run a 225/45/17 tire on my stock rim and suspension? Plus, what brand would be the best choice?

I have and run these tires all year and i love them. I run the 225/45/17 on my BBS wheels which are 17x7.5 so i dont see why you cant run them on your stock rims

I picked up a set of RE970s and they work well for me.

I hear good things about these tires but they cost alot more for some reason than the 960's i was told

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived