LegacyGT.com

JDM Legacy Spec B Front & Rear Bumper Installed!! - LONG

thatericguy

Thanks for all your props...Just really glad it came out as I had hoped. Hopefully, this will get vendors and others to start putting out better bumper setups now..

Recently, with a help of a few other legacygt.com members (KGreb/DM/NALegacy-for losing my screw jk!:D), I was able to get my specB suspension on as well. I will be posting some pictures with them on...but honestly the "drop" (if you can even call it that) is minimal, but Imma still post em when I get a chance to wash the car this week. That should do it for a while until I decide to move towards stage 2...but Im glad I got the car setup the way I've really wanted...

Komeng: Thanks for your help as well! I am glad you were able to get a up close picture of that rear wagon exhaust piece that I needed.

thatericguy, I had to cut the bumper beam a bit more than what you did on the bottom as the fog light pockets are larger than on the spec.B, it was a bit of a pain either way

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

• 1 month later...
That bumper beam is exactly what is keeping us from the TK and Gialla kits. If you do what Eric has done, which is hack off half of the bumper beam, you should be able to fit those JDM kits. Note that I say you SHOULD be able to..you can always be the guinea pig and try it out for the ones that are interested...

Well, when I get my insurance settlement I'll gladly be the guinea pig, after trolling this board all day looking at the LGT and what can be done, I'm going to purchase my LGT tomarrow. I did an internet search and the dealers around me don't have a black but they have two silver, I'm hoping i can find a black or have them order one, if not I'll grab the silver. I'm techniclly still under sponsorship from my car that was totalled out so I'd also be having very experienced people doing the body work, as for the kit I narrowed it down to the Hippo Sleek if I go Sedan and K2 if I get a wagon, as far as ordering them well, that'll be the hard part since both of their sites are in japaneese. I'll look forward to helping the US LGT owners with a styling solution. :D

bass...glad to hear you will be trying one of those 2 kits...i definitely want to see one stateside. as for the bumper beams, under bumper infrastructure...it should all be the same for the most part. Just to reiterate, only the rear needs to have it cut in half, while the front beam is just a side trim.

Hope it works out for you.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived