LegacyGT.com

P-Chip options

Sobaru

The only lesson I learned is that there are a very vocal minority on this site who think they own this site and to me this looks a bit "fetishy". And G-d forbid you do things in a way that is unsettling for them. Like a Trekkie who is upset because someone got the name of an episode wrong or something. BTW, I like Star Trek, but not that much. IT'S A WEBSITE, not a fraternity! There is no hirearchy. There is no pledge period, and I felt no lumps. The only thing I feel is sorry for the vocal minority who have nothing better to do than give people crap for not doing things their way. This site is for research and the sharing of knowlege, not the sharing of negativity. I was not not nicely welcomed, instestead some child told me to shut up and take my lumps. How is that nice or seriously welcoming? Thank you, Lardo and NRW. It's nice to see that there are people here who are reasonable. Also, for the record, Invar is Sparky. It's really a term of endearment. And now, I'm going to make my GT into a kick-ass car.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only lesson I learned is that there are a very vocal minority on this site who think they own this site and to me this looks a bit "fetishy". And G-d forbid you do things in a way that is unsettling for them. Like a Trekkie who is upset because someone got the name of an episode wrong or something. BTW, I like Star Trek, but not that much. IT'S A WEBSITE, not a fraternity! There is no hirearchy. There is no pledge period, and I felt no lumps. The only thing I feel is sorry for the vocal minority who have nothing better to do than give people crap for not doing things their way. This site is for research and the sharing of knowlege, not the sharing of negativity. I was not not nicely welcomed, instestead some child told me to shut up and take my lumps. How is that nice or seriously welcoming? Thank you, Lardo and NRW. It's nice to see that there are people here who are reasonable. Also, for the record, Invar is Sparky. It's really a term of endearment. And now, I'm going to make my GT into a kick-ass car.

I agree but there is a hirearchy.

There's nothing else I could be doing at work, especially when my work has been completed in a timely manner.

and perhaps you missed the sarcasm in NRW's post.

and it's not that you're not doing it "our" way, it's how the forum as a whole operates. it's a library of knowledge, it exists within this site.

The best relation to your circumstance is this:

Ever see someone walk right into a grocery store and insists on asking an employee help finding cereal, yet, there are hanging signs that list the items in the isles. Same with a library, god forbid people actually look around and utilize their own human brain to find a book before taking up someone else's time when the library, and grocery store, is designed to be self use. I'd expect a mentally challenged person, or neurologically disabled person to utilize the help of others within a vast array of information surrounding them.

I think I'm explaining my position relatively clearly whereas you've been calling me "endearing" names like Sparky, telling me to come out of my parents' basement (someone projecting, lol?)... So, who is the child?

Apparently you can't take a joke. Yeah, the first part of my post was serious. You should've searched, you should've read. The second part was a joke. In fact, I even winked when I told you to take your lumps. Lighten up, or don't... and keep crying about how you weren't welcomed with open arms.

Nope... still no lumps or lashings. I'm good. Oh, and I have a master's degree and am part owner of a national corporation. So, not so much in the parent's basement. Anyway, I'm with Wengermi. Can we all just get along now? Let's go get that beer... and sandwich.

Nope... still no lumps or lashings. I'm good. Oh, and I have a master's degree and am part owner of a national corporation. So, not so much in the parent's basement. Anyway, I'm with Wengermi. Can we all just get along now? Let's go get that beer... and sandwich.
ha.. ha.. HAHAHAHAHHAH

• I Donated Too
The fact of the matter is, this forum is filled with extremely helpful information on how to "turn your car into a kickass LGT". Pretty much ANY general information you want is located somewhere within easy searching distance. Any nine times out of ten, it's written there with more details and helpful information than you'd get if someone responds to your specific thread. That's not to say that people aren't willing to help out, BMX has on MANY occasions been a great source of knowledge for me. I encourage you to go to some local meets or befriend someone here on LGT that has some knowledge, and use them as a resource. A PM or text message to a specific person is much less likely to earn derision than an open call for information that is readily available in the same forum you're posting in.

... IT'S A WEBSITE, not a fraternity!

The problem is this isn't just a website. There are no paid journalists, no purchased content, nothing but the posts of its members. It is a fraternity of Legacy enthusiasts. This site is nothing without its members, especially the experienced ones who provide quality information.

Nothing needed to be said till OP decided he was going to be willfully ignorant and attempt (like other noobs) to derail the weath of info that this forum is.

Instead of starting a thread, you did not even make an attempt to read the FORUM RULES about posting threads! Its actually more important for you to follow that rule than for us to follow the "polite" rule, which we do for members who bother to read enough to undertand the community they re trying to become a part of.. Sure being polite may be a rule, but only after you follow the rest of them, after reading them (for the first time since you obviously have not).

Anyhow the only thing more foolish than heckling you, is you posting this thread without bothering to read the stickies in the subforum you posted in. Way to go. Minimal effort, maximium expectation, or yes, the definition of laziness.

Anyhow, we can already see we have a vacationing conquistador for an OP, not a resident, you are so entertaining I have to wonder if you are actually a TROLL.

Archived