LegacyGT.com

Megan Coilovers?

Just called a shop inquiring the price for them to install S-Techs on my car (i travel during the week so no time to do the install myself) and he mentioned that he's got a set of megan coilovers from a guy who just swapped coilover setups on his Spec B....if his price is right should I go for these? what mileage should I mark as my limit on a used suspension setup?

Pick up the Megans and get them rebuilt / re-valved by Feal Suspension.... check out the link for more info:

http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/

Odi Bakchis is the owner / one who does this and he know's what he is doing. He also competes on the Formula Drift Circuit and won Rookie of the year in 2011

http://www.motormavens.com/2011/11/center-stage-formula-drift-rookie-of-the-year-aurimas-odi-bakchis/

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

i would pretty much agree that megans aren't the best option for a coilover....but at the same time, it will be a better option than the S-techs on stock struts....by a long shot.

if you are willing to get them rebuilt in the near future or upgrade again, i would go to the megans

I had megans and they were a much firmer ride than the tein flexs i have now. With the megans you feel every bump in the road. I thought megan and bc were pretty much identical coil overs. Correct me if im wrong.

I also wouldnt recommend used coil overs. Ive bought 2 sets and both sets have needed atleast one strut rebuilt. They just dont last as long as stock suspension. Bump stops start to split. Pillow balls losen up and start clicking. Atleast if you bought new, youd avoid the headaches for a little while.

wow thanks urfsin, ive got megans too and lookin to rebuild sometime soon and didnt know other companies were upgrading them. are there any reviews about the feal upgrade??

Don't know of any reviews yet. This is a very new service Feal is offering. I know he has been rebuilding Stock STI struts (and lots of other suspensions) for quite some time and people have been very happy. Pretty sure there are reviews over on Nastycock and Dirty Impreza.

I have not done this "upgrade" yet, but when my megans crap out....and I know they will, I will go with the re-valve and new swift springs.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Well in this case, I will do Bilstein Struts with a new set of Tein springs and pitch these old Teins. They dont have many miles but I live in western PA and the beating they have been given, should require replacement. What springs would be best since I want a 1.5-2" drop in your opinions? Sorry for highjacking. ;)

Well in this case, I will do Bilstein Struts with a new set of Tein springs and pitch these old Teins. They dont have many miles but I live in western PA and the beating they have been given, should require replacement. What springs would be best since I want a 1.5-2" drop in your opinions? Sorry for highjacking. ;)

1.5" and 2" are very different when it comes to drop. Do you care about the spring rate or quality, or is being low your only concern? (if so then just grab some stock springs and cut them and then weld it to the bottom of the pirtch. :spin: )

Search and read some reviews then make your decision.

I want a fairly comfortable ride with a good drop to the car. Preferably 1.5" becuase I've got Rally armors and do not prefer to have them drag 90% of my drive. Haha!

Try the epic's, I love them. They're a good spring with a comfortable ride (to me at least) I also normally keep my koni's slightly on the harder side too. I'd recommend trying to find members in the area and riding in their cars to see how it feels. That or just read a lot of opinions and reviews on different springs. I drive the koni/epic set up in NEPA all on backroads and mountain passes and have no problems.

Well I may have to try to Koni's. I like the S Techs, I mean, they are a bit rough but I am also on stock struts so I mean, if I am fine with them now, won't they be a little more comfy on an aftermarket strut?

Well I may have to try to Koni's. I like the S Techs, I mean, they are a bit rough but I am also on stock struts so I mean, if I am fine with them now, won't they be a little more comfy on an aftermarket strut?

Lol s-tech's are trash. If you get your self a quality set up, you'll apareciate it. Trust me.

Everyone has an opinion. I am used to riding rough. As embarrassing as it is, i used to own a cobalt that was lowered 2.5" and the ride was terrible. So these S Techs are better than that. I will take your word for it but I will try my S Techs on Konis before I order new springs.

Archived