LegacyGT.com

Goodbye legacy, hello Mazdaspeed 6

2005legacy2.5i

Congrats on a new car. Every car has it's share of problems and from this thread it seems that subaru engines never go "boom" :). Stock for stock I think LGT would have problems keeping up with MS6 on the road course. Comparing to regular GT MS6 looks much better on paper with MT6 and better power numbers. I am coming from V6 mazda6 so it's a different suspension but you can't beat mazda handling right out of the box. SPEC B haters will love me for this one too but spec B seems to be for Subaru what MS6 is for Mazda. Upgraded suspension, 6MT, premium interior.

Ultimate sleeper too with no hood scoop and just little more agressive/higher hood that can be distinguished only by Mazda enthusiasts. Rear seat that can be used not only by midgets is a plus too:)

+1 on 6crew.com - great forum.

• 10 months later...

Lol, everyone just loves baggin on ya, poor guy.

I was really torn between the 2 when I was looking. Test drove both and researched the sh!t out of both but it was after I was talking to current and former MS owners that helped me make my decision. Aside from being a damn land yacht it's a very nice looking car and hopefully you don't have any of the issues that steered me away from it and into my GT.

Lol, everyone just loves baggin on ya, poor guy.

I was really torn between the 2 when I was looking. Test drove both and researched the sh!t out of both but it was after I was talking to current and former MS owners that helped me make my decision. Aside from being a damn land yacht it's a very nice looking car and hopefully you don't have any of the issues that steered me away from it and into my GT.

Hahaha yea I mean I think I know more about my car then these people do. I have thick skin though so I don't care.

I do still love the legacy and I do prefer the 5 speed to the 6 speed but I love my car.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Dennis where you at? Post up some of those #s you showed me, I want to see the responses from the LGT.com crowd on your sub 4 sec 0-60 runs with the newer tune.... I bet she's a fun ride

Here go you Keith, I'll definitely take you for a spin. I'm still only on 21 psi with 3 gallons of E85 and my launch was okay at best. But 0-60 in 3.8 seconds is still very fun.

photo.thumb.jpg.b394f549d74e1d860f2f11e3c2e187e9.jpg

^ he also has another one at like 4.03 sec 0-60 I believe... even if its off a little thats still stupid fast, just hope the drive train and other bits can handle the 400+ hp your planning for

The drivetrain should be good to go once I do the rear differential mounts, then after next summer at the track I'll probably need a clutch... But everything else will be good to go!

Archived