LegacyGT.com

Snow tire/wheel fit question.

Bhenry

I've done quite a bit of searching around, and can't nail down if the tires and wheels I'm looking at will fit my rig.

I've got an 08' Legacy 2.5i (sadly, not GT) with stock wheels/tires on it. There's a great deal on some Blizzaks on Criagslist, but I'm not sure if they will fit without rubbing. They are p225/60R 16 on steel rims and the listing says he took them off his 03 Outback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! : )

you can use this tool to assist you in figuring out whether or not the the combination will be acceptable:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

the 2.5i should have a stock tire size of 205/50/17, comparing with a 225/60/16 unfortunately will put you a diameter difference of 5.83%; typically you want to stay within 3% of the OEM specs.

If your suspension is stock and you don't have mud flaps you'll probably get lots of buildup in the wheel wells. If your lowered at all the problem will be worse. Personally, I wouldn't put a larger tire on for winter.

We get lots of snow in Western NY and I'm running Conti EWC on the stockers in 205/50 17.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I test fit 2, one front and one rear, and they seemed to fit (mind you this was on a 12 degree night with a wind chill of -5 on the side of the street!). I ended up buying them, as the price was too damn good! So I popped all 4 on, and took off! Sure enough... ruuuuuuub. Got out to find something interesting...

3 of the wheels/tires were just fine - plenty of room. I found that the right rear sits about an inch lower than the other corners, and it was only that corner that was rubbing! Only thing I could guess is maybe a bad spring?

I bought it used, but as far as I know, all stock suspension, and no lowering!

Archived