LegacyGT.com

USDM Outback 3.0 R Swaybar Diameter?

Thrasher

I was told by a reliable source that the USDM Outback 3.0 R had a 20mm rear swaybar identical to the JDM Legacy 20mm unit. I purchased one of the Outback sedan 3.0 R bars, and it actually measured 15mm. A friend measured his Outback sedan's as well and also came up w/15mm. Does anyone know if any of the USDM Outback 3.0 R wagon models come equipped w/ a 20mm rear swaybar? tia

The question is:

Does anybody know if any of the Outback 3.0 R wagon models (usdm) have a 20mm rear swaybar?

I have already erroneously bought a usdm 3.0 R sedan's swaybar, which measures 15mm, and Red Beast himself was gracious enough to measure his as well- 15mm, no doubt.

The boxer6 equiped cars are usually more expensive and supposed to be higher end than the 2.5i or 2.5gt models..

Well, in terms of price and equipment the XT is between the 3.0R and the VDC.

But the XT is supposed to be the sport model while the 3.0R is the luxury model, since a bigger swaybar improves handling but affects ride, I wouldn't make sesne to do it on the 3.0R but not on the XT.

• 2 weeks later...

So straight from the horse's mouth (I saw the specifications at my local Subaru dealer, Metric Motors):

No 20mm swaybar on any USDM Subaru, period. They are 15mm on 3.0 R models, and 16mm on the rest. Guess I get to call on AVO for my 20mike-mike.

Archived