LegacyGT.com

AP Stage I Tune

timb36

I am curious as to how much of a power increase I can expect from an AP Tuner on a stock 10 LGT? My wife will surely hurt me if I do ANY mods (since I modded my Chrysler 3 ways to Sunday) so I had heard these tuners work really well. I heard the Maps are nice and smooth and safe for a stock vehicle. What can I look forward to and what exactly do the tunes do?

233/239 whp/tq on efi's mustang dyno- cobb stage 1

http://efilogics.com/dyno/getrundetails.php?runid1=1076

Aftermarket tunes improve useable power on the street, hp/tq increases are definitely noticeable, and the throttle response becomes improved. the power band is usually significantly smoothed out and with much less hesitation/bucking feeling compared to stock.

233/239 whp/tq on efi's mustang dyno- cobb stage 1

http://efilogics.com/dyno/getrundetails.php?runid1=1076

Aftermarket tunes improve useable power on the street, hp/tq increases are definitely noticeable, and the throttle response becomes improved. the power band is usually significantly smoothed out and with much less hesitation/bucking feeling compared to stock.

+1 on aftermarket (dyno, road, e-tunes) for improving throttle response and picking up some power.

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1075&rgb1=000000255&runid2=1076&rgb2=204000000

Several people have ran in the 13.4ish range on stage 1. You can definitely feel the power increase, especially in 1st and 2nd as it eliminates the electronic boost restriction.

I am curious as to how much of a power increase I can expect from an AP Tuner on a stock 10 LGT? My wife will surely hurt me if I do ANY mods (since I modded my Chrysler 3 ways to Sunday) so I had heard these tuners work really well. I heard the Maps are nice and smooth and safe for a stock vehicle. What can I look forward to and what exactly do the tunes do?

Well, if you were closer, I'd invite you out for a little ride. However, your if your wife enjoys the feel of a aircraft taking off she'll like it but otherwise you're dead!

She actually ok'd an exhaust because originally I was going to order a WRX and add the SPT but if I go any further than that I will have to sleep with one eye open lol. So If I do an exhaust intake (maybe) and have a professional tune done I should be good/satisfied.

Are we really ever satisfied though?

She actually ok'd an exhaust because originally I was going to order a WRX and add the SPT but if I go any further than that I will have to sleep with one eye open lol. So If I do an exhaust intake (maybe) and have a professional tune done I should be good/satisfied.

Are we really ever satisfied though?

There isn't an intake available for the 5th gen, and it really isn't a restriction anyway. I have an etune + exhaust and I'm happy for the time being.

Will you be happy? Depends. How fast do you want to go and how much $$ do you have? And do you want to sleep with one eye open :lol:

Man I look at some of the cars on here and then make the mistake of going in the "For Sale" section but It is quite difficult to have one eye open while sleeping so I will just keep it simple I think. Lots of helpful feedback so far, Im liking this forum!

By exhaust, you better not be talking about a catback. That's good for lots of show (noise) and no go (power/torque.) Invest in a downpipe, and you'll get only a very minor increase in noise (almost none) and then get an AP, or a tactrix cable hooked up to your laptop, and get an e-tune.

Don't waste your money on an intake.

edit: Well, apparently, the above doesn't apply to 2010. Axlebacks seems to be a good upgrade, very surprising.

Coming from the world of Mopar you'll have to forgive me but what is a downpipe? I read about downpipes and uppipes and really have no idea what they are and where I can get them. Man Im importilliterate.

In using either of these will it cause any issues with emmissions? I have high flo cats on my 300 and I had a hell of a time getting that thing through emmissions, it passed but took a couple tries.

The answer really depends on your local emissions laws. You have to remember emissions stations go by factory emissions ratings that have all stock equipment like OE cats in place. OE cats are typically better at doing their job which usually means they are more restrictive. Removing the restrictions of the OE cats usually means better performance but decreased emissions filtering. That said a high quality cat like a Random Technology one can usually compensate by giving low restriction and good catalyst efficiency. So it all depends on your local emissions laws with regards to how they test the vehicle and whether or not removing/relocation cats are allowed. It also depends on the quality of the cat in the aftermarket components.

In using either of these will it cause any issues with emmissions? I have high flo cats on my 300 and I had a hell of a time getting that thing through emmissions, it passed but took a couple tries.

There isn't an up pipe on the '10+ cars. We have a bottom mount turbo.

You should be fine passing OBD2 emissions testing. I doubt they would look close enough to fail you on a visual for a catless downpipe. There are catted DPs available as well. Note the Cobb OTS stage 2 map is setup for a catted DP, so if you go catless, you'll need a tune.

5th gen stacks up well. This platform is putting out great performance with fewer mods. Stage I (red) does well in this crowd, as does Stage II (green).

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1798&rgb1=000000255&runid2=1121&rgb2=204000000&runid3=1296&rgb3=000153000&runid4=843&rgb4=153000255&runid5=539&rgb5=255153000

A cost effective path for great gains on the 5th gen is shown in the graph on post 5. COBB AP + Axlebacks and e-tune/pro tune.

TBE on this gen adds low end TQ/HP but great gain gotten from the axlebacks.

Really? The axlebacks? Damn, I would've never expected that... Gonna edit my previous post.

Archived