LegacyGT.com

debadged, but the cops still caught me.

'05 Subaru Legacy -- clearly stated on my parking ticket.

I guess they had a little help becuase the legacy badge technically is still on my car, but i replaced the subaru badge with an L7 badge and removed every other badge.

seen here: (minus the syms carbon fiber trunk spoiler)

http://store1.yimg.com/I/fastwrx_1850_15290159

(btw if you want the spoiler you can get it here

http://www.fastwrx.com/legacyexterior.html)

SO yeah, anyhow -- thats what i get for parking on the sidewalk last night becuase i couldnt find a parking spot in front of the townhouse. (now that college is out all the stupid kids fill up all the spots right away.) and my garage is full of crap so i couldnt park in there either. Oh well... 40 bones down the drain.

You get a ticket for blocking a sidewalk, no matter how many or how few badges are on your car.

They probably ran your tag and vin and the registration info tells them the year, make and model.

I was just surprised… I debadged my previous car and got a parking ticket once --- and they just put my plate and VIN on there, and left the make/model fields blank. But yeah, I suppose once you run the plates you get all that info and more.

And while we’re on this topic.. it was my own damn sidewalk. If I want to park my car there I should be allowed. It’s not like it was some random sidewalk in front of another house or business, just right there at the end of my driveway. People always do it in our neighborhood because parking is so scarce and I’ve never noticed or heard of any one else getting a ticket….

And while we’re on this topic.. it was my own damn sidewalk. If I want to park my car there I should be allowed. It’s not like it was some random sidewalk in front of another house or business, just right there at the end of my driveway. People always do it in our neighborhood because parking is so scarce and I’ve never noticed or heard of any one else getting a ticket….

Umm.. its not your sidewalk its the city's sidewalk which is suppose to be used by everyone. Your driveway technically ends at the beginning of the sidewalk. It drives me nuts when people do it in my hood cuz they dont even park evenly over the damn sidewalk so i have to walk through a road course every time i walk my dog.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

You guys have to understand, the run of a plate gives me all the information no matter what you have glued or don't on your car.

amazingly, some agencies don't have computers in their cars to run registration/ncic checks. and even then, many officers just don't run the car at all through dispatch! :eek:

it makes me cringe to think of it.

Archived