LegacyGT.com

WTT (UT): Infiniti G35x for LGT

keithk831

Figure i'd post this here in addition to my thread in the Classifieds section:

Well folks, I think I want to come back to the Subaru world! I’m looking for anyone who may be interested in a trade up/sideways to my 2006 Infiniti G35x. It’s in excellent condition, has around 87k miles, and has no problems. It’s a great car, I just miss Stage 2 Subaru power.

I’m looking for an 05-08 LGT Limited 5MT w/ less than 80k miles (the fewer the better, of course). No salvage titles. I’m in no rush to sell/trade, so let me know if you’re interested in the future! I’m not really looking to spend any money, but since my car is worth $16,000-16,500 (market value right now in Utah), I’d like to pick up an LGT that’s either worth the same or less (you pay the difference). The advantage with a trade is that sales tax isn’t really a problem AFAIK.

About my car:

2006 Infiniti G35x - 280hp stock

ATTESA All-wheel drive (shifts power around back to front when needed) w/ VDC

5-speed automatic transmission with manual mode (same tranny as the LGT 5EAT)

Silver exterior with black leather interior

Around 87,000 miles- These VQ engines are known to last quite a while

Intelligent key system (key stays in your pocket when unlocking/driving your car)

Premium package (Bluetooth, Power telescoping steering column, heated memory front seats, reclining rear seats, auto up/down windows, power sunroof, automatic HID headlights, dual-zone climate control w/rear vents, 6-CD MP3 Bose stereo system, auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated mirrors, Sirius Satellite Radio, etc)

All-season floor mats (front)

Paid $17,500 for it this past summer from a large dealership

VIN # JNKCV51F76M605406

Maintenance:

New all-season tires purchased in September 2011 (Michelin Primacy MXV4- very good tire)

New spark plugs

New serpentine belts

Trans fluid and filter replaced in October 2011

Cabin air filter replaced August 2011

New battery purchased a few months ago

Impressions:

It’ a very comfortable car with lots of space and cool features…I just don’t use them. Performance-wise, it’s probably close to the same as a stock LGT 5MT. It’s smooth and quiet on the road. The seats are VERY comfortable in the front, and there’s lots of space in the back and in the trunk. The stereo sounds great. The VDC does an excellent job keeping you moving straight in the snow (you can turn it off, too) when there’s slip. It’s certainly a lot more refined than an LGT.

Inside and outside are both in excellent condition. I waxed the car a couple months ago, and it’s in awesome shape for it’s age.

Let me know if you’re interested or have questions!

DSC_8808.thumb.jpg.d03ec4ae3ef384417723e765afe8d8be.jpg

DSC_8819.thumb.jpg.1aed1d7dad9ea29bf467f741658b5cdc.jpg

DSC_8830.thumb.jpg.dc9155604a06a79715fefbb9d1a1e3da.jpg

DSC_9033.thumb.jpg.c446bf72a36508cdfa730a102a7d7256.jpg

I sold my old LGT 5MT because I wanted a 5EAT LGT, but the place I was going to buy from sold the one I was looking at. I needed a car so I bought this one, spending about 2k more than I wanted to on a car.

It is a nice car, but like I said it has a lot of luxury features I don't care about. I'd rather have a newer LGT for the money I spent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an 05 limited legacy GT (manual). It's dark blue with black leather. It has 117k. New clutch/ new turbo/ new timing belt/ new battery/ single mass flywheel/ 08 stereo/ full size spare/ full yakima roofracks. Basically stock. I drive it like a grandma (not even kidding). The only real mods are dark tint and some very expensive wheels/ tires (13 lb wheels with Nokian WR G2 tires). Few scratches here and there.

2nd owner, clean title. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I live about 6-7 hours away from Provo.

I have an 05 limited legacy GT (manual). It's dark blue with black leather. It has 117k. New clutch/ new turbo/ new timing belt/ new battery/ single mass flywheel/ 08 stereo/ full size spare/ full yakima roofracks. Basically stock. I drive it like a grandma (not even kidding). The only real mods are dark tint and some very expensive wheels/ tires (13 lb wheels with Nokian WR G2 tires). Few scratches here and there.

2nd owner, clean title. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I live about 6-7 hours away from Provo.

Hmm...that's an awful lot of miles. I'm looking for something with around 80k or less. Thanks for the offer, though!!

Mine has 81k miles, no dings, all maintenance records and mod$$$.. but I'm not selling. ;)

My wife has a 2006 FX45 with 45k miles. Love that car too and we use that almost exclusively for family outings. Super cool luxury stuff and good V8 power. But when I'm by myself, there isn't anything I'd rather be in than the LGT. Good luck on your search!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

OP did you try going back to the same dealership and see if they would buy it back and hunt you down a LGT, maybe they'd be willing to help you as I'm sure they could sell your car for a profit again, if not bump for you. Good luck

OP did you try going back to the same dealership and see if they would buy it back and hunt you down a LGT, maybe they'd be willing to help you as I'm sure they could sell your car for a profit again, if not bump for you. Good luck

They're probably only offering him $12k on a trade unfortunately.

Archived