LegacyGT.com

Car stereo help

GSlegacy

I have a 2006 Legacy gt 5 speed MT with dual climate control. The faceplate looks like i would need to take the whole thing out leaving and giant space. Just want to know what would be the easiest way to do this without having to order the JDM harness. Im willing to spend whatever amount on a new headunit if it involves not having to buy the harness. Hope that makes sense.

You're willing to spend whatever it takes as long as you don't have to buy the JDM Dual Din kit? Why?

You could put a radio in the cubby above the OEM radio, but that also includes (sometimes) purchasing a kit to do it, and IMO looks silly having two radios.

^ +1 -If you are willing to spend "whatever amount" on a new HU, your best bet would be to head W/ the JDM. You do have the option of hacking your HVAC's from the OEM HU. As zmarko noted, you CAN head W/ a Single din up in the cubbie OR in the Glove compartment.

May I ask why you want to swap out your OEM HU W/ an aftermarket? Most of what you are looking for can/may be found in most OEM Processor Upgrades.

Archived