LegacyGT.com

Oil leak front drivers corner

Its coming from one of the two hoses that runs up between the battery and the wiper fluid. Directly behind the headlight. I can't see the hose after it runs into the fender but i stuck my hand in there and can feel the hose soaked in oil. What is it? is it safe to drive for a few days before i can get to the mechanic?

what color is the oil ? i would think the only thing there is automatic tranny fluid if its an automatic.

i would check engine and tranny fuild levels and take it easy on the car

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

NOTICE THERE ARE TWO TRANNY DIPSTICKS ON AUTO CARS !!! ONE IS FOR THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL !! THAT HAS GEAR OIL

friendly reminder you want the had to get to one on the left side ie LH DRIVERS SIDE OF NORTH AMERICAN CARS.

just cuz this was an issue to some one before on here

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

NOTICE THERE ARE TWO TRANNY DIPSTICKS ON AUTO CARS !!! ONE IS FOR THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL !! THAT HAS GEAR OIL

friendly reminder you want the had to get to one on the left side ie LH DRIVERS SIDE OF NORTH AMERICAN CARS.

just cuz this was an issue to some one before on here

Thanks man, I believe I found the right one, I pulled it from the back of the engine on the drivers side. The dipstick handle is yellow with a loop right? I'm pretty sure its just the hose because I just had that head light repaired due to a minor fender bender. The hose must have got pinched or something. I can't make it to the mechanic today so I just want to make sure theres enough fluid in it to get around until then. I won't be driving it much til then.

Archived