LegacyGT.com

Things that bug me

seeing as i fit nicely at 6'7"

You fit nicely? Maybe the word should be snug? I'm 6'2" and I have to have the 8-way seat all the way back, lowered all the way and reclined a bit and even then you can tell the interior was designed for a sub-6 foot Asian market. I'm really not complaining though I just dont see how you could call it a nice fit. Rony said it best "Cruising ghetto style" when reclining that far back and low. :p

raz-0 - the rear view mirror has 2 joints, so I think you can move it up as you desire.

yeah, figured that out the morning after I posted this, the second joint was just REALLY stiff on my car. It could still use to have the base moved up about an inch though if you get stuck with hang tags for parking, security, etc.

You fit nicely? Maybe the word should be snug? I'm 6'2" and I have to have the 8-way seat all the way back, lowered all the way and reclined a bit and even then you can tell the interior was designed for a sub-6 foot Asian market. I'm really not complaining though I just dont see how you could call it a nice fit. Rony said it best "Cruising ghetto style" when reclining that far back and low. :p

The seating is pretty upright, one notch from all the way back, and my knees don't bump the dash, my shoulders don't hit the window or b-pillar, I have about 3-4 inches between my head and the roof. I can damn near rest my wrists on top of the steering wheel (which is the measure of a proper fit in theory). The only thing that is a bit off is that the windshield sits relatively low in comparison to the seating surfaces, which means that I have to pay attention to lights at the intersection before I stop or wind up ducking down to see if they have turned green. It helps that I'm not really leggy for my height, and have long arms. 37" inseam, 39" sleeve.

I test drove the limited version. Not having the sunroof or the extended armrest makes things feel less cramped. It may be that being 6'2" you actually have expectations that you can get your knees under a steering wheel while driving. Where your shoulders fall probably also make the seat a completely different deal for you.

As for cruisin ghetto style, I drove a mitsubishi eclipse for the last 8 years, now that was reclined.

Archived