LegacyGT.com

Salt Lake Emission

2furious

Folks in Utah... I just moved to Salt Lake and am wonder what the rule is about the registration and emission. My LGT is in Stage 2 with Cobbs catted down pipe and stuffs like that. I've talked with a guy in town and he can do the emission without sniffing the exhaust in his shop. Can I pass with current map I got? Any comment and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

J

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Guest fnp_tuning

It's an obd2 scan with a visual check, if you go to a lazy shop and your readiness monitors are good to go you should do fine. They have been handing out a lot of tampered notices lately, which means the exhaust isn't stock. So no cels, monitors a go and a lazy shop tech and you should be fine.

Fyi I passed catless with a very very loud exhaust 2x years in a row no problems.

Jiffy Lube Bountiful passed me 2 years in a row, Catless exhaust and very loud exhaust also. You should be fine.

Then again, Jiffy Lube Bountiful bought me a tranny for my suburban because they are so lazy and unqualified.

Heard that Wheel Works off of Main Street SLC was also Subie friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I passed the emission at one of the Jiffy Lubes and my 05 is not due for the safety inspection until next year. I was told she would not pass the inspection due to the tint. I was offered to get it removed and installed one within the legal limit from the Jiffy guy. How do you guys take care of the tint issue?
From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Archived