LegacyGT.com

To those with the gimmick motorsports catback exhaust

Has anyone that bought the gms catback had any fitment issues, my mufflers and tips seem to sit too far inward and low compared to others. I know that it is a lower price catback but has anyone else had fitment issues that have bothered them?

Mine fit like shit. I had a exhaust shop heat up pipes, bent them. That worked for a little bit. Then I used hose clamps to pull the hangers up more. It works for me.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

You bought a cheap Chinese exhaust. What did you expect?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No need to be a smartass, all i asked was a simple question. As i clearly stated "I know its a cheaper exhaust" in the original post. All i asked was did anyone have the same issue........i didnt know people couldnt ask questions anymore about a product

You bought a cheap Chinese exhaust. What did you expect?

No need to be a smartass, all i asked was a simple question. As i clearly stated "I know its a cheaper exhaust" in the original post. All i asked was did anyone have the same issue........i didnt know people couldnt ask questions anymore about a product

that's the point he is making. It's cheap for a reason.

GMS catbacks sound sweet....Almost makes me feel good about buying the stromumg, except for the fact that it also has its own fitment issues...

My GMS was resonated and combined with the $40 ebay UELH it actually sounded kind-of cool in a "did you cut a big block in half and put it in your car"/gonna make you puke from the pressure pulse sort of way. It got old after a couple of months having the midrange of conversations or music completely canceled by drone. With bandclamps and a lot of cursing it actually fit pretty well for me.

Wish your stromung fit as well as mine (the fit car). I pretty much hate Stromung for the lack of professionalism that we (the gb buyers) were treated with.:mad:

ive got a full 3" gimmick catback and 3" CNT catted downpipe sitting in my trunk waiting on funds for a tune for some stage 2 parts. It is unresonated, so I am curious as to how bad of a drone there will be.

I bought it fully expecting to work with it to get it to fit, and I plan on painting it to avoid rust issues. Shiny stainless does not matter to me since you dont even see it under the car.

Anybody have a decent resonator installed in an unresonated exhaust with any luck in reducing drone?

mines is a non resonated 3" and i have no drone problems at all until you go above 80 or so but until then its pretty quiet, and I listen to my musin with the volume at like 10-15 so its not blocking it out and the exhaust doesnt bother me. I also have a invidia catless downpipe too.

Archived