LegacyGT.com

custom rockblocker film?

thatericguy

so...i am still waiting (shakes fists in air!) for the final pieces to arrive for my front spec b bumper to be done with, and so i was wondering if i should try and get some custom rockblocking film put on. What is your take on how effective the films are?

And also, my car is SWP so I have heard issues of the film having a yellow tinge after time in the light.

Any ideas?:confused:

P.S. for those waiting on my whole spec b conversion process...the rear of the wagon is done and it fits perfectly, i'll post the whole process once i have the front done as well.

I have Rockblocker's stuff on my car, my car sits outside in this sunny Arizona weather. It still looks like I had it put on yesterday. Here is a picture of my car with it on, you can't really see it :)

http://70.190.124.109:8081/albums/Suby-Pictures/Picture_023.jpg

Maybe we can shed some light on your question. The SWP has metallic in the paint which when combined with another layer of clear coat via pour products will bring the color out more. What does this mean? The film under certain lighting can bring out a tinge of yellow to the area. Of course other things can bring the same problem.

Driving behind diesel trucks

not washing and waxing often.

These two will cause more of an issue than anything else. A lot of times customers with white cars do not take care of them as well as darker color cars since the maintenance is much lower. If you stay up with the car and color the film will look great.

We did Legacy05's car when we first moved here and saw it two weeks ago at a meet and it looked great which is a miracle with all the rocks that are flying ALL over the freeway here. I had five chips in the windshield in 2 months, but nothing on the front end.

Hope that helps and we can get you the bulk material if you decide you need or want it.

Chad

Thanks for the advice..I guess the issue would first to be figuring out who can cut it, and how much..since if it ends up being much more costlier than a repaint, it wouldnt make much sense to me. Any ideas on labor for something like this? and bulk film for just the front bumper?

Thanks for the advice..I guess the issue would first to be figuring out who can cut it, and how much..since if it ends up being much more costlier than a repaint, it wouldnt make much sense to me. Any ideas on labor for something like this? and bulk film for just the front bumper?

I am not sure what you are looking for. We can cut it for and get it to you. Much cheaper than repaint and I can find you an installer in Houston if you need it. That usually runs a couple of hundred dollars. Give us a call if you want to chat.

Chad

425-221-5352

Archived