LegacyGT.com

2007 radio to 2005 LGT ( need AUX info)

Ive got a 2007 radio from an LGT, basically the same as what my 05 has but with AUX input.

Anyone have the part number for the AUX kit that gets mounted in the center console?

Also I know I have to modify the pin out. IIRC, ill need to research it again.

Any tips ?

Thanks

I pulled my receipt from when I did this mod...

AUX unit AY 86257xa10a for the kit

Pocket Console 92174ag05a

Console Mat (if you want it) 92177ag10a

I used the Impreza wiring harness from its AUX kit: H6210fg000 and cut the impreza AUX board to make it fit in the legacy box...you could probably re-pin this harness or have svxDC make you a custom harness.

The iPod interface kit uses the Satellite radio input on the back of the HU (and negates the use of satellite radio when it's installed) not the AUX input and it allows you to control the iPod through the stereo. It's a bit awkward and kind of slow but it will also charge your iPod (not all generations and only some of the phones too).

The Aux kit, if you can call it that, would probably include the stock Aux input plug that can be found in the center cubby.

There's a huge thread in the Interior and Audio section about both of these. Use the search function. There's a member who's created a plug and play harness for this mod. I can't remember his exact handle but it's something like svxdc and I'm sure he'll find this thread soon enough. ;)

Cheers!

The iPod interface kit uses the Satellite radio input on the back of the HU (and negates the use of satellite radio when it's installed) not the AUX input and it allows you to control the iPod through the stereo. It's a bit awkward and kind of slow but it will also charge your iPod (not all generations and only some of the phones too).

The Aux kit, if you can call it that, would probably include the stock Aux input plug that can be found in the center cubby.

There's a huge thread in the Interior and Audio section about both of these. Use the search function. There's a member who's created a plug and play harness for this mod. I can't remember his exact handle but it's something like svxdc and I'm sure he'll find this thread soon enough. ;)

Cheers!

Thats where I went wrong, did not even think to look there ( IDK WHY .. seems obvious.:spin: Ill call it alck of sleep)

TFTR

As for what I keep getting is the ipod dock, I just want the aux in ( headphone style) jack.. I have the aux in option on the unit, just need the harness

• 2 weeks later...

For North American Legacys/Outbacks, Subaru does not offer an "aux kit" (like they do for USDM Imprezas and Foresters, or foreign Legacys/Outbacks).

This is because the Legacy/Outback aux harness (designated "i85") is integrated with other wiring. It doesn't simply connect straight from the rear of the OEM HU to the bottom of the aux "pod" in the armrest center console.

The Impreza aux harness has the correct 6-pin plug for the Legacy/Outback aux pod, but must be re-pinned to work.

The HU end of the Impreza harness has the wrong type of 8-pin plug. To use this harness, you must cut off that plug and connect the harness to an i85 style plug (or to pins/wires you salvage from your factory i85 plug).

Archived