LegacyGT.com

Spec B top hats help!

Kodax

Okay, I have searched high and low but I have gotten multiple results. And I have a few pondering questions that I need to ask before I send my car to my mechanic to install my suspension parts.

First, I have bought a set of bilstein from a fellow forumer who has taken it off his SpecB and I bought a set of swifts to match it. However, I was reading multiple threads that the car might sit unevenly if I do not have the SpecB top hats.

So here are my questions:

1) What is a SpecB top hat? Is it that black round thing that sits at the top?

2) Where can I buy this SpecB top hat? I sourced around the forum and nobody seems to be selling it

3) Is it a bad idea to install it without the SpecB top hat? I am driving a 3.0R, would it make any difference?

Lastly, on a completely unrelated topic. Does the hotckis sway bars set fits the 3.0R?

top hat: yes it is the black round thing (with the protruding studs) that sits on top of the springs and bolts to the strut.

SpecB: the LGT has a slightly better version called the SpecB that has better suspension, and for the suspension they have a top hat with firmer rubber, larger bearing, and different orientation to allow for the shorter shaft of the bilstein strut.

SpecB tophat can be obtained from site sponsors like fred beans, infamous performance, AZP (probably), and any subaru dealer close to you, run ~55 a pop.

I can not recall 100% why the spec B is required when going with bilsteins, but from my understanding you need the specB tophats to run bilsteins....

regarding the bars, I dont see why not... but I cant say for sure.... so no help here :)

I thought 3.0R models already come with Bilsteins?

Edit: did a little research, yes they do.

Limited models came with Bilsteins. Mine isn't Bilsteins. At least I thought so, unless I got it mixed up...

Archived