LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know the Status of the 2012 Brake Issues

Salomonskier720

Hello again,

I placed my order for my 2012 LGT about month ago now and am wondering how this Stop Sale thing with the break issues is going to affect the wait time for my order.

When I ordered the car my dealer guessed it would take about 6 - 8 weeks to take delivery. About every other week I send him an email asking if the Subaru has done anything with my order yet. So far, nothing. This is really not a big issues b/c I anticipated my order taking a couple months. I am currently finishing up a semester at college and will be working full time starting next week so I by no means wanted to start having car payments before the end of the semester. I am not complaining but just curious as to when I can expect the car.

Has anyone recently taken delivery of their 2012 LGT? If so, when did you order it?

Also, Does anyone have any idea on the status of the "brake issue"? Did they remove the stop sale yet? I figure even if the LGT does not have the issue, my order will still take longer due to the confusion/problems with selling the other vehicles.

Any information is appreciated, thanks for your help!!

Wow guys! I got delivery of mine already.

I put my down payment on my legacy 3 weeks ago, they delivered this past Friday. Really glad I didn't have to wait so long to get the replacement part, but was discouraged that the salesperson kept l telling me this would only take a "couple days" then it took 2 weeks.

I did kinda put a fire under him when I told him I was moving to Colorado & would just buy one there if they couldn't deliver within the week. You could try something like this....mine turned out that they only needed to LOOK & ok it, but it took them 2 weeks just to look at it!

According to the parts/service departments though, this Subaru dearlership has seen delivery of some of the replacement master cylinders. Guess it depends on the size & pull of the dealership.

It'll be taken care of when you get it. Called today and my order from Nov. 1 will be in Seattle, WA in 9 days.

That is great! Please keep me posted on when you get it :-) I know mine was about 2 weeks after yours, but I would think it would be safe to say I could expect mine 2 weeks after you get yours?

Have you received your VIN yet? I want to make sure my insurance is all set up and ready to go.

Thanks for every ones input!

That is great! Please keep me posted on when you get it :-) I know mine was about 2 weeks after yours, but I would think it would be safe to say I could expect mine 2 weeks after you get yours?

Have you received your VIN yet? I want to make sure my insurance is all set up and ready to go.

Thanks for every ones input!

I will. It comes on Thursday. The sales manager at your dealership has the ability to look up the tentative delivery date. I never received a vin, or email from soa like they had mentioned..

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what is going on at Subaru?

ZiptieCloud ordered his Legacy GT on November 1st and I ordered my LGT on November 9th.

Ziptiecloud messaged me on December 26th saying he received his car earlier than he expected. I still have not heard anything about my car.

The last I heard from my dealer was back on 12/19/2011 and was told the only thing that they(the dealer) could see on the order status look up system about my car was that it was ""showing "Ordered" and is still scheduled for "Month of January" for delivery to our dealership. As soon as I have any more information I will make sure to keep you posted.""

I tried calling Subaru of America and have spoken w/ a rep twice about checking the status of my order but have not heard anything back yet. He did say he sent out an internal email and hasn't heard back from anyone yet, but he would let me know when he does. Its funny though because the SofA rep couldn't even see the expected "month of January".

Does anyone have any inside info? I guess it is unlikely that I could expect my car 8 days after Ziptie due to our order times but I can still hope!

I really want to just know what my VIN is so I can get my insurance setup (Allstate, I know not the best but their rate is WAY under everyone else out there) and make an appointment to get some Blizzak sw70 tires but on once I get the car. Also possibly going to order a Thule rack w/ ski box from Rackattack.... :-)

Thank you all for the comments and replies!!!

Call/email SOA. My car came much later than it should have (Ordered in August '10, received February '11) and they finally didn't actually start transport from Boston to NJ until I called. They may also throw in something for the delay.

Call/email SOA. My car came much later than it should have (Ordered in August '10, received February '11) and they finally didn't actually start transport from Boston to NJ until I called. They may also throw in something for the delay.

WOW ordered in August and didn't get it until feb., that is crazy!! Sorry yours took SO long. What did they throw in for you because of the delay?

If I don't get my order my march I think I am just going to tell my dealer I want to wait for the 2013 LGT and to place an order for it as soon as I can. They might actually not mind b/c from our conversation before it sounded like they wouldn't have any problem selling the car if for any reason I decided I didn't want it after they received it at the dealer.

Only problem for me is I already Called and Emailed SOA. When I emailed they just told me my car was ordered. The first time I called the rep said he would do some research and then I called about a week later and ended up talking w/ the same rep. He said he sent an email to someone who would be able to hopefully give us a better estimate after our 1st phone conversation. He said he had not heard back from his contact yet and promised that he would give me a phone call as soon as he knew anything.

Thanks for the response. Any further suggestions?

When I spoke to the rep at SOA, she was super helpful, found the car for me and it was basically shipped to the dealer within the next few weeks. It was basically sitting in Boston from November to February, for absolutely no reason. Because of the long delay, they first offered me 1k off the car, but I asked them for the warranty instead. I got the 6 yr/80k free of charge.

I would defn keep badgering them and let them know how long you have waited and this is beyond what the dealer had mentioned to me. Make up something about not having a car and having to rent a car because car was not delivered.

Good luck

I've got myself a 2012 Legacy a few weeks ago. From the badge on the door, it says it was built 07/11. I'm assuming that means July 2011. I'm a little worried about the master brake cylinder. According to the stop sale order, they would have done the fix before handing it to me, correct?

I've got myself a 2012 Legacy a few weeks ago. From the badge on the door, it says it was built 07/11. I'm assuming that means July 2011. I'm a little worried about the master brake cylinder. According to the stop sale order, they would have done the fix before handing it to me, correct?

Your vehicle looks like it was manufactured outside of the recall date range.

Number of Vehicles Affected: In total, the recall affects roughly 31,959 vehicles. Impreza sedans and wagons manufactured from April 21, 2011, through November 15, 2011, along with Legacy and Outback models produced from October 17, 2011, through November 23, 2011, may be affected. Model-year 2012 Impreza WRX and STI models are not included in the recall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just found this forum. I ordered my '12 Legacy 11/12 and have been in touch with the dealership about 6 times and SOA. SOA rep is calling me weekly going fwd since it was 8 weeks last Thursday. I am really frustrated. I ordered it at a dealership in NY because after a day of drama salesman they had the best price. This is the first car I'm buying and I don't think I will ever order it special ever again. All I wanted was remote starter and spoiler, plus the chrome trunk trim. Is that so hard? WTF. My '95 Legacy is still running but she's tired. She needs a lot of TLC.

I need to know, Salomonskier-did you finally get it? I don't understand what all this port talk is? WTH are they shipping cars to Boston? Why not NYC? I will freaking drive to the pier myself. JC. I cannot even get a VIN. Why not drive them from Indiana? I need a drink. any answers would be great. THANKs.......

Hello, I just found this forum. I ordered my '12 Legacy 11/12 and have been in touch with the dealership about 6 times and SOA. SOA rep is calling me weekly going fwd since it was 8 weeks last Thursday. I am really frustrated. I ordered it at a dealership in NY because after a day of drama salesman they had the best price. This is the first car I'm buying and I don't think I will ever order it special ever again. All I wanted was remote starter and spoiler, plus the chrome trunk trim. Is that so hard? WTF. My '95 Legacy is still running but she's tired. She needs a lot of TLC.

I need to know, Salomonskier-did you finally get it? I don't understand what all this port talk is? WTH are they shipping cars to Boston? Why not NYC? I will freaking drive to the pier myself. JC. I cannot even get a VIN. Why not drive them from Indiana? I need a drink. any answers would be great. THANKs.......

I don't know why but I got such a great laugh out of your post! To funny...

The short answer is no, I haven't gotten my car yet. This post will help, near the end is a link to a spreadsheet which shows recent orders of LGTs. From what a we have gathered it sounds like the Legacy GT's are build based on Color. So for a period of time all Blue Legacys are made and then another period of time all pearl white and so on... So graphite grey (the color I ordered) may still be on rotation but will likely be soon in the coming weeks... That is about the best I can come up with for attempted short...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dude-my-cari-ordered-2012-legacy-gt-p3714437.html#post3714437

As for the long... Here is my original post the day after I ordered my car... just a few days before yours

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ordered-my-2012-legacy-gt-yesterday-174082.html

What color did you order? If it is Graphite grey I can understand why we both haven't gotten our cars yet...

Over the last 2 months of being inpatient I have also posted the following two pages about the status of ordered Legacys to try and justify my long wait time...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/all-2012-gtsi-177306.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/does-anyone-know-status-2012-brake-issues-176122.html

Between all of these links I am sure just about all of your questions should be answered but if not, please feel free to ask away. I don't know much but the people on this forum know everything and are super helpful! Add your car order date and such to the Google Document and keep us all posted on what you hear about your car.

It sounds like you have been in touch w/ Subaru way more than me. I usually email my dealer ever other week asking for an update but he always tells me he has no updates. I called SOA twice but still no word back from them yet. At this point I was going to buy winter tires but now I am thinking the longer it takes my car to come in... almost the better b/c then I won't even bother buying tires for the last month of winter. Winter in MI this year has been super lame w/ hardly any snow :-( so I am not to worried. Also, with my income situation right now I am not super excited about have a car payment since I have never had one... I know it will come someday... but when idk. I am at peace with it at the very moment but give me like 2 days and I will be posting more on the forum and making phone calls wonder wth my car is. From what other ppl say it is totally worth it and the more i think about it I love the fact that I will likely never see one on the road... unlike really anyother car you can get. Not that I was actually considering an infiniti but I honestly see those things everywhere so I am so glad I didn't buy something that everyone else on the planet drives.

I am rambling... gotta be up early for work in the morning, I hope your "drink"/s went well :-)

Thanks for responding, Salomonskier. I ordered the Deep Indigo. not as pretty(yes i'm a girl-i like pretty, shiny things) as the 2011 Azurite blue pearl but whatever. I keep seeing the silver, black and ruby ones out on the roads here in CT/NY area. Now the snow is finally falling here! I will drive. This time last year we had a couple feet lying around. So I too am glad I can handle the winter w/o my brand new Subie-plus no rush for those car pmts either. LOL. i have been in touch with SOA a few times, first i called like a week after i ordered-because at the dealership that saturday they rushed me and said,"We can get this order in tonight! Don't wait, it will take that much longer!" HAHAHA--anyway I called to see if the factory could paint my car '11's azurite blue pearl. because in my head i imagined this order in their hands and the assembly line and the paint box where you select colors...blah, blah, blah. Well, the dealer found out, freaked out and called me. "Please, you will love the Deep indigo don't get the car painted elsewhere after you get it-the value will lessen greatly." Then I called SOA again at about 6 weeks. I got a reference number for my inquiry at SOA, this chick Amy handles me. She tells me she can't track distribution in the area of my dealer. Where is she located? I ask. A: Cherry Hill, NJ-you know the little town on your way to Philly? My dealership is a few miles from NJ. Yea. So I am to understand there is no tracking? No Purchase order? No VIN. AND a SOA rep in NJ cannot track distribution in the state next door? ARE YOU F---ing kidding me? This is the tri-state area. Every other business unites these three states into one distribution! Damn I guess i should spike this coffee. Um, anyway, her latest update is the car is en route, should be 1 to 2 weeks-and she called my dealership to confirm but they haven't called her back. NICE. So maybe by Valentine's day or else some bloody massacre will repeat itself. :) I am making a list of things I want thrown in since I was inconvenienced. Is anyone else. I have to search more forums here......but got to go shovel. ciao!

Thanks for responding, Salomonskier. I ordered the Deep Indigo. not as pretty(yes i'm a girl-i like pretty, shiny things) as the 2011 Azurite blue pearl but whatever. I keep seeing the silver, black and ruby ones out on the roads here in CT/NY area. Now the snow is finally falling here! I will drive. This time last year we had a couple feet lying around. So I too am glad I can handle the winter w/o my brand new Subie-plus no rush for those car pmts either. LOL. i have been in touch with SOA a few times, first i called like a week after i ordered-because at the dealership that saturday they rushed me and said,"We can get this order in tonight! Don't wait, it will take that much longer!" HAHAHA--anyway I called to see if the factory could paint my car '11's azurite blue pearl. because in my head i imagined this order in their hands and the assembly line and the paint box where you select colors...blah, blah, blah. Well, the dealer found out, freaked out and called me. "Please, you will love the Deep indigo don't get the car painted elsewhere after you get it-the value will lessen greatly." Then I called SOA again at about 6 weeks. I got a reference number for my inquiry at SOA, this chick Amy handles me. She tells me she can't track distribution in the area of my dealer. Where is she located? I ask. A: Cherry Hill, NJ-you know the little town on your way to Philly? My dealership is a few miles from NJ. Yea. So I am to understand there is no tracking? No Purchase order? No VIN. AND a SOA rep in NJ cannot track distribution in the state next door? ARE YOU F---ing kidding me? This is the tri-state area. Every other business unites these three states into one distribution! Damn I guess i should spike this coffee. Um, anyway, her latest update is the car is en route, should be 1 to 2 weeks-and she called my dealership to confirm but they haven't called her back. NICE. So maybe by Valentine's day or else some bloody massacre will repeat itself. :) I am making a list of things I want thrown in since I was inconvenienced. Is anyone else. I have to search more forums here......but got to go shovel. ciao!

Wow you have a great story. I agree that it is pretty crazy the have NO way to track orders at all. I mean come on, the car is already sold....

Wow your car in in route? That is great to hear, still no word on my car. Any idea what you are going to ask them to "throw in"? I am curious b/c then I will know how reasonable my request is... I have no idea what I am going to ask for but I was thinking I may ask for something.

Keep us posted

well the waiting game is nearing an end. SOA called me today with confirmed news from my dealership that my car should be there in 2 days or a week. I am guessing they only load up trucks once a week? It's in Boston. I got the illusive VIN number and can finally get a firm insurance price. Next issue is getting special plates from DMV. :)

I will post more as I know more.

well the waiting game is nearing an end. SOA called me today with confirmed news from my dealership that my car should be there in 2 days or a week. I am guessing they only load up trucks once a week? It's in Boston. I got the illusive VIN number and can finally get a firm insurance price. Next issue is getting special plates from DMV. :)

I will post more as I know more.

Awesome, keep us posted as to when you take delivery!

Ok. drumroll............My car was delivered to the dealership on Saturday. They asked that I please come pick it up Monday or Tuesday. Why not next Saturday? Oh, no, no. We want to record the sale for January. < expletive > I was ready at 8 weeks. WTF. Now they are rushing me. Anyway, I said sure I'll pick it up Monday night. Today I began to email my contact at SOA asking if they were offering rebate or lower interest for the delivery delay... When I got a call from the dealership. "We have bad news. Your car did not come with all the accessories. < i am livid > It's missing the chrome trunk trim and the spoiler. Can you pick it up tomorrow instead of tonight? We ordered the parts and will install them tomorrow morning." Then i composed myself because i was at work--and double checked it had the remote start and dimming mirror, yes and yes. Breath. click. Then I continue my email and add on the most recent annoyance. Send. She finally called in response around 4pm. She wanted to know if there were any accessories I wanted. eh? How about an extended warranty? Ah. "Yes, go on." < i was just pricing it and budgeting my insurance and financing and love to save a buck> It is the Gold Plus coverage from SOA. I will most likely accept this offer tomorrow. Any opinions about warranty welcome.

I will post pictures asap after I pick her up tomorrow.

:)

Yes ripp3r I mentioned remote start. I did not order a GT. I simply found this forum when i was searching online for folks like me waiting. my apologies. if this is for GT's only I will exit right.

I thought Legacy love was unconditional.

FYI: MY CAR IS MAGNIFICENT. I AM SO HAPPY. I love the new transmission.

I have the 2012 Legacy 2.5i limited, Deep Indigo with spoiler.

Peace out!

D

Archived