LegacyGT.com

GT headlight surround...Aussie accessory

Robdownunder

G'day all,

Just to let you know what else is on offering from Subaru around the world as OEM accessories for the GT.

I bought these surrounds today along with the mesh grille.

I've taken before and after shots and also the underside of the surround so as to give you a better idea on what it is all about.

It is simply held on by the double-sided tape. There are no clips or attachments.

The quality is top notch just like the grille and the colour match is perfect.;)

The surrounds come in all factory colours so no painting is required...just specify your car colour.

It's an accessory for those who want to be different and that is all.

They look better in the flesh than the photo gives testimony to. I would think it should fit exactly onto your light unless the bumper dip where the main light is might be different but I couldn't imagine that.

Later,

Rob.

Downunder!

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/2445/gtsurround15oi.jpg

The surround is only just sitting there...not applied yet so the fit will be slightly better at the top.

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/7605/gtsurround30oh.jpg

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/3896/gtsurround21gw.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
If you like them, tell rockblocker or Kevin@sod to make them out of their headlight film. I did tell kevin, but the more people who ask, the more likely it'll happen.

i'm not sure if thats the type of item which would turn out too well with film. You would have to match the color of the car, which would be tough and i suspect a completely new product for them, vinyl included. Most of their stuff is the clear colored stuff, which i don't think would look good in this case.

Not sure if i like these ones or not, every picture online they look kind of wierd....Any chances of some full frontal shots when they are installed?

Nice grill though!

Yes I'll get that frontal tomorrow.

These are a genuine Subaru item and not aftermarket.

Cost conversion would be something like $180 USA.

I did see one silver GT on the road with these on and they did look good by separating the lights.

99% of owners don't know they exist and i'm trying to make the car totally unique.

Forget film, I'm a 30 year veteran in that game and it wouldn't match colour and be difficult to fit and won't wear being external.

Rob.

Hey Rob (aka Tinter)

Good to see you finally personalising your liberty gt!

Who did you buy the accessories from? The grille from memory is almost AUD $600. Did you find a cheap place to buy them from?

Any other modes in pipeline?

Cheers

Vlad

Hi Vlad,

Got to bite the bullet and we can get WRX club discount through any of the Subaru dealerships.

I'm hoping to sell the original to a panel shop that does Subies. That will hopefully offset some of the pain if the misses finds out.

PS. I got that rear STI stainless steel rear bumper protector translated and I'm still not convinced that it is right for the Aussie bumper. The part still looks too narrow and the translated instruction sheet doesn't shed much light.

Ideally we would have to get an actual photo of one fitted in Japan to be 100% comfortable with it.

Till then it's still sitting in the box looking for answers.

Plenty other things on the go with paint bits with to finalise the entire customisation.

Are you going Sunday 26th on the Great Ocean Road Cruise? There are over 50+ cars and GT's.

Later,

Rob.

Hmmmm, I love the grill, but the light covers are, well.......... not to my taste shall we say.

As a matter of interest, how do you clean out all the bugs that get squashed in between the cover and the clear lens, looks like a bad place. It's a real pain cleaning around the fog lights as it is I find.

Hi Rob,

I like what u doing to the car, it is starting to take the "tinter special"shape.

Love the front grille and the "eye line"

Unfortunately I could not join rex club for a drive today coze my legacy is still in the shop. The subaru parts support is shocking. I am having to wait almost 2 month for a few parts for my gt. Anyway, hopefully it would be on the road very soon. (My neighbours son backed his falcadorre with a huge towbar in my drive way and failed to see my car parked in my driveway) The towbar almost put a hole in the rear gate. (my driveway is on incline so the damage was right in the center of the gate). So I am now waiting for the rear plastic grille (where the reverse ligths are) and few other minor bits. I have few bits waiting to go on my gt (incl famous rear step panel). I am convinced however, that it is the correct part. Do you wanna do group install next weekend?

Cheers

Vlad

G'day Vlad,

It was a top day with a huge turnout. i ended up going further down the Great Ocean road and did 500 kms for the day....stupid I know but now I'm paying for it being tired. The seats bum support could be a bit better, bit like a WRX.

Seeing your tailgate was rooted, did you ever consider importing that waist high tailgate spoiler?

Re the next weekend, I might be away in the country on a break.

I've definately decided I'm taking the rear bumper back for a credit and maybe see about exchanging the value for a set of STI pedals.

Rob.

Do bees have d*cks, jeez I knew I should have paid attention in biology ;-)

Thanks Rob, they are growing on me the more I look at them.

Hi Phil,

On dark cars you hardly notice them but on my silver they stand out.

The frontal treatment was quite a hit with the owners of WRX's yesterday on our cruise.

Never heard one "yuk" comment.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Pitty you taking the sti rear step panel back. I am certain it is the right part and it would add lots of "bling" and little protection. (so it should for the money). You can always get oem subaru black slub of plastic to put on! I am going to put mine on as soon as I get my car back. I already got sti pedals (definitely worth the money), sti gear knob, sti genome mufflers, blitz filter/intake and volks wheels. However I got it all in the last month and haven't been able to put any of it on, since my car has been "resting" in the panel shop with only 2,000kms on it.

To be honest I am not going to spend any more money on spoilers (like rear gate spoiler, etc). It is purely for bling and doesnt add any functionality. My next big purchase is a set of adjustable coilvers and little later, brembo/ap brake kit. You will find out (in time) that GT's front rotors warp easily. I have few friends (with gt's) who already had them replaced/machined by subaru numerous times. Currently (after two warranty claims) subaru installs free new (different compound) brake pads to alleviate the problem. I however, think that upgrading brakes is a worthwhile investement! Giving the gt's performance, there isn't such a thing as too much braking capacity!

Now I am going to need to use your services shortly, since I noticed (while in the panel shop checking my car) that my rear window tint starting to bubble and come off! I though since I am going to be fixing the rear window, I might as well get you to take all the tint off and re-tint the entire car. I am certain that all panels would peal off in time. (typical subaru dealer jobie ain't it!)

Keep in touch

Cheers

Vlad

Archived