LegacyGT.com

WTB forum specifically targeted for vendors

whitetiger

I know we have a WTB section in the marketplace. But the majority of posting in there is users who are looking for used/cheap items that vendors don't normally sell. What if there was a second WTB forum specifically for vendors to answer. That way one wouldnt have to go around to each vendor and pm for a price, but rather they could post 1 thread for their request and then vendors could field that request and pm price quotes. It woulds also aid in someone in finding 'harder to find' items they would still want new from a vendor.

this would make it easier for one to find items they want and also direct vendors to the people who are most willing to buy something from them.

Good idea?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

While conceptually it sounds like a great idea it most likely will not work.

From my experience most vendors have multiple forums that they advertise on. Between filling orders, answering stoopid questions and running the day to day operations it's hard for them to monitor a WTB forum.

Pricing for products is simple. If a vendor orders a small amount of a product from a manufacturer they pay more per item. When they order in large bulk, they get a discount. Not to mention most products, like COBB for example, have a minimum sale price for their products. Vendors have to agree to sell no lower than a certain price in order to carry their products. Most vendors regardless of quantity pay the same amount. It's a matter of how much they're willing sell the product for. If one vendor is advertising DP's at a discounted price there's a good chance all other vendors can match it.

When modding cars you should seek a vendor you trust and be loyal to them. I've found that this has helped me save thousands on modding my cars. If I need something I know I can email Josh at Import Image Racing and he will give me the best price. And yes, I do randomly check his prices against other vendors.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived