LegacyGT.com

Turbosmart Boost gauge opinions?

turbo_dan

Hi all,

Now that I have a gauge pod mount thanks to Block8head, Im looking for a good boost gauge. Normally I would just purchase a auto meter mechanical vac/boost 30/30, but I came across this brand called "turbosmart" that had a 52mm mechanical vac/boost gauge that seemed to match the interrior better. Now I have never heard of this brand and was wondering what the opinions are on its reliability and accuracy? Thanks!

Dan

Get a prosport gauge. They work just as well as any other, are the best bang for your buck, and match subaru interiors best. Im sure others agree as well.

Any feedback on their reliability? I took a look and they do look close to the stock gauges. The price is good too.

get an electrical gauges.....I have a Defi and love it, my friend has a prosport and its a good unit as well. I will never buy a mechanical gauge, its just another possible vacuum leak to look for if you have one.

Im not a fan of electrical gauges in this particular case (Boost/Vacuum). At least back in the day electrical gauges didn't have nearly as good a response time as compared the mechanical (Maybe thats changed since I was last in the market). Im not really worried about it as a vacuum leak, never had any issues in the past with a proper installation.

Thanks for the feedback...any more (especially on the prosports) would be appreciated.

Dan

Archived