LegacyGT.com

New car or keep the spec.B?

A few months ago I bought my 07 spec.B and really love the car. Except for one thing...I'm starting to realize I'm a little too tall for it. I'm about 6'2" and there's just not enough leg room in the driver's seat IMO. My previous car was a 2000 Monte Carlo and I could stretch my legs in that car but the dead pedal is way to close in the Subie to allow that.

I want to be comfortable in my car and I'm tossing around the idea of getting something else. I think I need a coupe for the legroom I want, plus I'm single with no kids so I don't need a sedan. A BMW 335i is at the top of my want list, and an 07 can be had for about what my spec.B is worth if I find a good deal. Also would consider an 06 GTO but the trunk is so small...

Any other recommendations? Car must be a manual, AWD or RWD, and at least as fast as my spec.B stock for stock. Aftermarket potential is good too :D

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

I'm 6'3 and I think the LGT fits nicely, but just my opinion. My brother is 6'7 and he drives an 02 impreza. Surprisingly the impreza has more leg room then the legacy even though overall the car is smaller. Maybe a 2.5 WRX would fit your wishes or even a 9-2 Aero? I personally like the styling of the 9-2 aero better then the WRX but they're so hard to find.

Yeah there's plenty of head room, but having to have my knees bent all the time gets uncomfortable for me. I like to be able to stretch my legs in the car but there's no where for them to go. Maybe my Monte Carlo had way more than most cars and I'm just used to that, but the legroom in my LGT feels cramped to me.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived