LegacyGT.com

Happy with my tune thanks Bren!

Firepuma

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah man - numbers can def vary - even from car to car on the same day - too bad we can't just hire the STIG to race our cars around theNürburgring for us in between tunes - :lol:

i'm a big fan of "real world" comparisons and butt dynos personally :redface:

if the tune is healthy, and you really know your car - you can feel the difference and use that feedback to tune your car to respond the way you want it to as a driver

in order to do this, you need a tuner who is experienced, knowledgeable, accessible, and who responds in a timely manner to customer (driver) questions and concerns for tweaking - that's what I look for, anyways ;)

yeah man - numbers can def vary - even from car to car on the same day - too bad we can't just hire the STIG to race our cars around theNürburgring for us in between tunes - :lol:

i'm a big fan of "real world" comparisons and butt dynos personally :redface:

if the tune is healthy, and you really know your car - you can feel the difference and use that feedback to tune your car to respond the way you want it to as a driver

in order to do this, you need a tuner who is experienced, knowledgeable, accessible, and who responds in a timely manner to customer (driver) questions and concerns for tweaking - that's what I look for, anyways ;)

ALBERTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey buddy :wub:

What you said plus this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/does-dyno-worki-176020.html

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

But dyno is enjoying the car very much. I as well don't care so much about the numbers- its just everyone wants to know/see them. It is what it is after all......

Do you plan on taking your car to the dragstrip? Put down some good times/trap speeds and you'll have some numbers that no one can debate.

Do you plan on taking your car to the dragstrip? Put down some good times/trap speeds and you'll have some numbers that no one can debate.

I've seen a guy in a stg2 wrx blow the doors off a brand new stg2 evo.

Drag is mostly skill. If he has no skill his numbers will suck. If he has a lot, his #'s will be great.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I do, considering I built half of it :lol:

'11 sti shortblock

Polished/ported sti heads (single avcs)

Sti cams

Vf52

Perrin inlet

Gs ebcs

Perrin up/dp <-catted

K&N typhoon intake

Racer-x v3 FMIC

Forge bpv

Walbro 255 pump

Autospeed cbe

Spec stage 2+ clutch

SMFW

Tsk TOB

Rushin avcs/turbo braided oil feeds

Cobb sway bars and springs

Avo solid endlinks

Avo LCA bushings

Progress sway brackets

Koni's

Kazera wheel things

Jazzy mod

Prosport gauges

Short throw

The kazera wheels are of questionable taste. This build was the culmination of help from MANY people. But, successful nonetheless. A few 16hr days in the shop getting it all put together and with the help of Motive auto, the tune was successful without hiccups!

Lol! I've never dragged an awd car before, I've owned and dragged my 11 second crx so the legacy will take some time to master I'm sure. Bmx is pretty spot on with the build. Lots of long days and swapping parts/cash/food for work:). The kazzera's came with the car, not a fan of the look but at 16lbs a piece for 17x7.5 they're sure helping the rotational mass department! And it is not the jazzy mod but the leptronix- still my favorite mod!

I've seen a guy in a stg2 wrx blow the doors off a brand new stg2 evo.

Drag is mostly skill. If he has no skill his numbers will suck. If he has a lot, his #'s will be great.

It's pretty hard to mess up trap speeds, though. You can stall the car on the launch and still trap within a few mph of a great launch.

It's pretty hard to mess up trap speeds, though. You can stall the car on the launch and still trap within a few mph of a great launch.

+1

Launches will greatly effect e.t. but have only 1-2mph at most on trap speed. It doesn't take a great driver to demonstrate a good trap.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 2 weeks later...

Nice numbers OP, looking forward to track results.

^This^ In fact, its my experience that a bogged launch, but subsequent clean run leads to higher traps than a perfect launch with clean run.

Archived