LegacyGT.com

questions about a 06gt auto

ylime

Hey new member here my name is Emily, I own a stage 2, 02 wrx wagon that I am just getting tired of and with 170,000 miles on it I am ready to upgrade. went to look at 2 legacies one was a 08 with 42,000 miles and a 06 with 75,000. both are gt's black on black and fully loaded automatics :(..both are clean on the outside and inside only small scratches that can be buffed.

08 shifted funny, it shfited hard into each gear which deffinatly seemed funny, the owner tried to tell me it was normal for a subaru to do that he also said it was normal to run rough haha.

the 06 seemed to run like a champ, the breaks seemed fine and it shifted great has newer all seasons, no notice of oil burning, checked oil was clean and full, he changed it regulary and with proper oil etc..I offered him 14,500 cause someone offered 14,000 and he accecpted my offer..http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/2718798401.html my questions are..

coming from a 2..0 wrx to a 2.5 legacy what are things to look for? how are the turbos compared to the wrx? (is it a td04 dumb question).

what else should I check or look for that is common problems with 2.5 gts?

how is the nav system in these, I have never owned a car with navi?

did they offer a aux port in the 06's? thanks much!

You should pay the $100 and have it taken to a Subaru Dealer or a shop that know these cars. I would not buy an LGT without a pre-purchase inspection, worth every cent. If the shop finds a lot of problems (that you can deal with) you might be able to get the price down to at least cover the cost of the inspection. I took my car Bloomington subaru and they helped me talk the price down $1500. I use White Bear Subaru for all my repairs and their service techs are nice guys, especially Cheng (I usually ask for him).

Another good shop is Devoted Auto Works in White Bear Lake, He knows his shit.

well we bargained and 14900 is the final price with inspection at morries minnetonka subaru. I am very excited!! as long as he doesn't sell it out from underneath me so hopefully we can work a final deal and sign some papaers cause morries most likely is full till next week for a inspection. that car you posted is nice but I want leather and something less than 100,000 miles thats not been modded. p.s. you should join mnsubaru!

I've also got an 06 LGT (auto :( ). There is unfortunately no factory auxilary connections, but that can be fixed either by a Leptronix mod or a Jazzy mod-- search the interior section to find those. Another option is to swap the 06 dash with an 07, 08, or 09... a pretty easy swap from what I've heard.

Navigation is okay. You'll certainly want to get the latest maps though. The nav unit has it's quirks, but you'll get around them with no problem. The fuel consumption is usually +1mpg on the optimistic side, but gives you a general idea of what's going on. There are a few DVD/iPod/rearview camera hacks for it that may interest you, but you'll have to search for those. The only thing that really bugs me about the nav is that you can't enter a destination while moving, but there's also a simple fix for that-- it took me all of half an hour to do it. Overall I like having it, but I wish they would have put a clock somewhere besides the nav unit so I can check the time when I drive with the nav off.

Welcome and enjoy your new LGT!

Archived