LegacyGT.com

bugeye conversion?

is it possible to convert my 98 legacy gt to have the 02 bugeye front look i looked at my friends 06 sti and it looks like the quarter panels and bumper attach pretty much the same way would it be possible?

thanks

ps if you or someone you know has done this i would love to see pictures

lol this, just after I posted my pic next to a bug eye saying I liked the way our cars looked better. Go check it out in the parking next to other subies thread. I have an OB bumper on the front of my car. It looks pretty good.

As far as being possible, it is. You just have to have the time, patience, and smarts to do it. Everything underneath the surface is different. I've seen a hawk eye WRX nose put onto an older impreza before but I have no idea what forum it was on. It looked odd.

Reason being..

The body lines just don't match and it looks like crap.

Well...02-07 wrx or sti doesn't matter all of those will interchange with each other because it's the same chassis and body, they just had different "face lifts" throughout the years..

I doubt it will be a bolt on affair, since it would be moving impreza body panels to the legacy chassis. If it does I'm sure it would look odd and body lines wouldn't match up, not to mention the bugeye has a "newer look" (hard to explain, but just looking at sort of an automotive evolution, almost every car in it's relative time has a certain look; rounded panels in this era, square panels in this era, etc).

I'll chime in with the same tune as most of the others. The bug-eyes were pretty nasty. Although, every once in a while, I see a pretty hot one. 99% of the time though, I prefer ANYTHING over round headlights.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Never seen the bug-eye Morettes before. Interesting... I'll link to very good looking bug-eye on AWD Pirates... Hang on a tick.

Eh... To hell with it. They're too broken up. I'll just post the pictures here. The WRX belongs to DKDunn04 on AWDPirates.net.

bug-eye-01.thumb.jpg.6503d646b3db870a3b4b13783f3d7ee3.jpg

bug-eye-02.thumb.jpg.49e861ab8ce24dc70d0d76d70f29f7f9.jpg

bug-eye-03.thumb.jpg.b52fa3bd83ffe38eb12bd8b4a591093f.jpg

I like the bug eyes. Its so ugly its cute.

I think the 98-99 legacy gts have the best looks of any Subaru. Most Subarus are ugly though. In fact nearly all of them are ugly.

I completely agree with this. Although, I have to say the 98-99 2.5RS holds a very, VERY close second in the looks category.

Archived