LegacyGT.com

New LGT with blown turbo...going bnr 16g

Hello...this is my first post since buying my 05LGT last week and unfortunately the turbo is out of it :mad: I found a good local subaru shop and next week we are going to be putting on a 16g BNR turbo, catless up pipe, and custom tune...assuming we don't find any metal once we drop the oil pan. I would love to do the downpipe too but I don't think my finances will let that happen just quite yet. Sorry if there is already another thread for this however I have spent a lot of time searching on this forum for similar set ups. If you have a similar set up to this I would love to hear how you like it and how your car has been running.

Thanks!

Christian

This sounds very familiar! lol...same exact thing happened to me..for the week that i had it (crank bearing went on me but completely unrelated), it was extremely awesome. dident get the chance to do all of my revisions, but i could tell that i was going to enjoy it even moreso.

Kinda hard to compare to other turbos though unless youve tried a couple. What do you mostly use your car for?

That sucks man! I'm pretty steamed about the whole thing but hopefully it will be a fun reliable driver when we get done. I just plan to use the car for daily driving back and forth to work with some spirited driving on the weekends thrown in the mix.

if thats the case, then the 16g with supporting mods and an e-tune would keep your smiling for a bit im sure. esp if your not beating on the car to and from work, your weekend stints will still be fun. ofcourse, dosent hurt to get other opinions and the proof behind it. there are a couple of dyno sheets floating around the forum.

Archived