LegacyGT.com

How do you make a pull with a 5EAT?

WRteXan

I know, this is probably the noobiest question ever. The LGT is my first auto subaru, so I'm not sure how to make a good clean pull like I do with a MT. If I want to make a dyno pull, or a WOT boost tuning pull, or even rescale my MAF (I have a Cobb CAI just screaming 'install me.')

On my WRX, I make all pulls from 4th or 5th gear, so I just put it in that gear, slow down to 2000-2500RPM and go WOT to redline. How is this accomplished with the auto?

switch the shifter in manual mode, get into 3rd gear to about 2k rpms, floor it till redline.

done.

you'll see a torque converter spike in the plot up until about 3800rpm(not real power reading), in which the tc then locks up and power gets directly transfered to the drivetrain. The plot after the tc spike is real time. There are some dynos that can factor this spike out, but road tuning and logging, it will be there.

Thanks. I thought the TCU would kick down even in manual mode, but I'll give it a try tonight.

Doesn't the dyno tool recommend using speed instead of RPM for the autos? I use the airboy spreadsheet and his has an auto selection. It was originally only for a 4EAT, but a few quick changes and voila!

Archived