LegacyGT.com

My New Lachute DP and Center Pipes

Here are pics of my new dp and center pipe from Lachute, I took them with my camera phone. I'm now running AP stage 2 and loving it.....

I want to thank both Rich and Mike at Precision Tuning did a excellent job on installing, mating stock center pipe to flange and onto new 3" center pipe supplied by Lachute.

Also want to thank Julien and Lachute to fabricate a custom center pipe and flange for me.

Sandwood, when its at idle, sounds just like stock. When give gas, sounds like a Pontiac's exhaust. I wasn't about to spend that much of money on cat back exhaust. Both dp (with cat) and center pipes cost $800 to my door.

LegacyTwin, weld should hold up. Precision stand behind their work.....

Did you replace the resonator as well? I have a stock gutted DP and im going to have a mid-pipe made up, but im not sure what to do with the resonator. I would like to get a sound a little more aggresive then a stock STI, when under acceleration

wrx2blackGT,

dn_ctr_pipes_1.jpg shows Lachute's dn pipe with cat to stock dp location (perfect fit with 5EAT).

dn_ctr_pipes_2.jpg shows you that Lachute 3" center pipe replaced stock resonator.

flange.jpg shows where remaining stock center pipe (after resonator has been removed) welds to flange and joints to the new 3" center pipe.

When I'm at idle, you won't notice any things has been done to car. Under acceleration, its too late!!!! :) My perfect sleeper....

wrx2blackgt,

I don't think high-flow cat will reduce any noise leve in exhaust. I could be wrong, someone care to correct.

Warnoldscu,

Only 1 gasket is required, which was supplied by Lachute. Oh, Lachute also provided new springs, bolts and nuts for the collector.

That stuff looks sweet - they didn't send those gaskets did they? I ordered my DP from PlTek and was told to go get the OEM turbo to DP gasket... cost me like 20 bucks... what about the DP to mid gasket?

I had to buy my gaskets too for my Lachute UP/DP combo.....They are needed. Re-using gaskets can sometimes lead to leaks and such. 20 bucks is worth it :D

Archived