LegacyGT.com

Help! Couple Issues!

Hey all, I've had my legacy gt 5mt for about 6 months now, and I've noticed that it's harder to shift now, sometimes not even wanting to go into first when the car is stopped. Also I've been getting squealing when i turn at low speed when it usually goes away within 5-10 minutes of the car being started, usually after that the squeal disappears. Also my car idles at about 1200-1500 rpm when started, and again after 5-10 minutes the idle goes down to its proper rate of about 700-900 rpm. What is going on with my car?

the squealing is most likely your accessory belts and are easlity fixed by tightening them or if theyre dry rotted and splitting, replacing them.

the higher idle is normal and helps the engine warm up faster to get it to normal operating temps faster.

the trans could be a few things. how many miles are on the car and what year it is would help.

Squeal plus bad performance would to me say that the turbo is bad, but if you are lucky you just have a leak, like a hose to the intercooler that has cracked or a bad intercooler.

A bad turbo means bad news and an expensive repair.

Have it checked as soon as possible.

453747.png

Another thing to look into as far as not being able to shift into gear when stopped is the synchronizers in the trans or maybe the clutch brake... just a thought.
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Archived