LegacyGT.com

Colorado Emissions

mwiener2

In two years, if I still have the car, I'll be coming to you for one of these cats. My Cobb is getting long in the tooth and just barely failed this time around, I hate changing pipes. Where do you weld this in to the line Mike?

The visual might be the bummer though, they made sure to check it over really well this last time. It all depends on the day for the visual.

^info for others, try going on a saturday to the testing center off county line and Colorado if you can. I went on a Sat about a hr before closing time and they got me in and out fast, no visual what so ever. I'm sure those guys wanted to get off work on time

I am curious about your clean cat mod. Do you put into customers' existing aftermarket down pipes? or are you selling it as a complete DP with this special emissions passing cat?

I am I fabricator, not a manufacturer, so I would be installing it onto your existing pipes.

In the case of a downpipe already having a cat, I would cut the old one out and replace it with mine. If you didn't previously have a cat, I would be attempting to install it as close to the turbo as possible.

2nd customer passed last week on 91oct with my new cat. Lower emissions than mine too. Will update with results when he gets them to me.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want to see one, you can come by my shop and check one out. On and off a car.

Science makes it special. http://www.gesi.us/

Passed another one today. 2003 WRX.

One on tuesday failed, but it's got other issues. The cat dramatically reduced the emissions and it's really close.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just moved to Fort Collins, Colorado and want to get my car registered iin the state soon. I am running the Perrin 2 part 2 cat downpipe, STi cattless up pipe, DW 740cc side feeds, Walbro 255 FP, Perrin TMIC ( with factory cover installed ) and stock cat back. I still have my stock downpipe. How likely am I to pass the emissions test? Car does not stink. No CEL and no exhaust leaks. Would really like to avoid the hassle of swapping the downpipe out. Any suggestions or recommended emissions testing sites?

Any hits on this would be appreciated.

Global Emissions Systems Inc. (GESi)

They come in a few sizes and HP ranges, but the most common one for a subaru runs around $430

Any muffler shop can install it pretty cheap... but most muffler shops are not properly equipped to work with Stainless Steel. The GESi is a full Stainless Steel construction.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived